Nearly 3 Years After 3407 Crash, Rebroadcast

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
What ever happened to those Colgan Pilots that were on the show? Did they ever go back to flying or did they seal their fates to never being hired again for speaking up against a cut throat industry?
Quote: What ever happened to those Colgan Pilots that were on the show? Did they ever go back to flying or did they seal their fates to never being hired again for speaking up against a cut throat industry?

I heard one went to Compass. Don't know if it's true...
Quote: Journalists never cease to screw the pooch when it comes to reporting events in the aviation world.
You're just saying that because you're familiar with the aviation world.

The truth is, "journalists" screw the pooch when it comes to reporting everything... medicine, money, technology, children, war, and yes, aviation. Many no longer even know how to spell correctly.

I bet most of them don't even know they're biased.
Quote: I heard one went to Compass. Don't know if it's true...
Yes he did. Great, standup guy.
Quote: Three years later and nothing has changed. New pilots are still struggling to make ends meet at $20,000/year and older pilots are having their reduced pay cut even more.

Tonight I will have a scheduled 8:33 overnight after I finish my scheduled 3 hour DTW sit. And with the weather tonight in DTW, my inbound will probably be late so my showtime for tomorrow will be adjusted for 8 hours of rest beginning 15 minutes after the parking break is set. When it is all said and done between van travel times, check-in & out, I will be unhappily settling for an actual sleep time of 5 hours so I can return to DTW in the morning for my scheduled 4 hour sit.

Nothing has changed!!!
Well not that I am advocating abusing power but if you feel like you are not well rested or unfit to fly because of lack of rest then call fatigued for that exact reason you specified in your statement. The problem is the company is only going to push the legal limit as much as they can until enough people cause there to be a change.

Mongo
"Only the ones who fly the rich, Air Force One and the politicians."

Not true, as -121 Supplemental and -135 (and -91 illegally) flies many of the above persons, and they have nowhere near the same safety requirements as -121 domestic/flag carriers do.

USAJet flew Obama, McCain, Clinton, Huckabee? during 2008 elections, and flies very high profile pro and NCAA teams. They are -121 supplemental.

cliff
SYD
Quote:
While many key changes have yet to be enacted, Rep. Slaughter does see some progress. “Online travel websites now prominently disclose the air carrier you’re flying so when you’re flying a regional airliner you know it when you book the flight, not when you arrive at the gate,” she noted.
This is B.S. as well. I was deadheading on one of our 50 seaters, and pax next to me was picking my brain about being a pilot. Aside from having to pick his jaw up off of the floor after learning about our pay and work rules, he also had no idea that he wasn't flying on Delta Air Lines.
Quote: I heard one went to Compass. Don't know if it's true...

Was it CW, CH, or BC?
Quote: Was it CW, CH, or BC?
CH went to compass from what i've heard
Quote: Yes he did. Great, standup guy.
Which one? It better not have been that Coates guy. Holy ****! That guy outright rat out his own Captain, DESPITE operating the flight with him, and only "later" finding out his W&B data was skewed by the Captain. Really? It's obvious that he was a type of person who was about to be fired, and he took down another pilot with him. Look through that Flying Cheap video, and on the pilot Coates part, pause as that letter comes into focus that he wrote to the FAA. It starts with along the lines of "I, under pentalty of perjery..." ***?! Whyyyyy? IF the Captain did screw up, debrief it with him personally later. Worse case scenario, ASAP it. Or just shut up and let it be a learning experience. No one found out until this guy wrote the "I swear under penalty of perjery" letter to the FAA.

I really like the other two pilots in that video, they were really nice. C Wikens was awesome, and sounds like a geniune individual. Same with the other guy, Corey.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to