Griffing Flying Service

Subscribe
Anyone ever flown for them? They are based in Sandusky Ohio. They do the island flights to the lake erie islands in an Islander and a Saratoga. I beleive they have an archer as well for island flights. They also have two King Air 200s that they use for charter flights. I live like 20 mins down the road from them so I was thinking about applying but I dont really know anything about their operation.
Go in and introduce yourself. Better than asking on here.
I have flown into the airport a couple of times the owner is very nice and is at the airport all the time since his house is right next to the airport. I would suggest just going and talking to him.
Nothing beats a face to face meeting and just observing the atmosphere. Family run business too. Seem to be very nice folks. I've been in there a few times for business and pleasure.
I have always wondered about them too, and thought about going and talking to them. I see them fly over my boat all day at Cedar Point Marina. I guess it could be a fun summer gig, but then again It would cut into my boat/drinking part.
I have known Tom, and Harry, his dad for years. Couldn't ask for
nicer people. We use their 200's for charter occasionally. True gentlemen.
Dave
I worked for them for several years. They are a 135 operator and do some 91 operations including flight instruction. It is a good place to work and you can build multi engine time. They fly a Britten Normand Islander as well as their King Airs.

As some one else said stop in and introduce yourself, they are friendly people.
Quote: I worked for them for several years. They are a 135 operator and do some 91 operations including flight instruction. It is a good place to work and you can build multi engine time. They fly a Britten Normand Islander as well as their King Airs.

As some one else said stop in and introduce yourself, they are friendly people.
Do they do VFR 135? I dont have IFR 135 mins so I wasnt sure what kind of times that they are looking for. I heard most their pilots come from the BGSU program. Is that true?