Airport subsidies

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Would the ending of airport subsidies as described in this article have a major negative effect on the regionals?

Airport subsidies: Rural lifeline or money waster? - CNN.com
Quote: Would the ending of airport subsidies as described in this article have a major negative effect on the regionals?

Airport subsidies: Rural lifeline or money waster? - CNN.com
Yes very much. Looks like Republican Tom Petri is ram-rodding the program's cancellation

Quote:
The Essential Air Service program began in 1978 as a temporary way to help small airports survive federal deregulation. Rep. Tom Petri, chairman of the House aviation subcommittee, says the program is obsolete. "Why should the government have to pay for all this?" asks Petri, a Wisconsin Republican.
Ah republicans....
$15,126,000,000,000 in debt and increasing, ah Democrats...
Ah, **** --- Republicans and Democrats
Quote: Ah republicans....
Quote: $15,126,000,000,000 in debt and increasing, ah Democrats...
Is this what we have been reduced to. "Who's to provide the grand design of what is yours and what is mine." Can you name the song and band?
A political discussion is not really what I had in mind. Its truly sickening how polirized these types of discussions are, and somewhat amusing to watch grown professional men and women point fingers at each other like little kids based on their political affiliation. In my opinion this attitude is what prevents those *******heads in Washington from getting anything useful done.

Back to the original topic, excuse my ignorance but are these subsidies paid directly to the regionals,? The article only mentions "delta connection".
Essential Air Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If EAS dies, says Petri, that money will continue to be collected and could possibly go toward many other goals, including deficit reduction and speeding up implementation of NextGen -- the FAA's massive overhaul of the nation's air traffic system.

So, if we quit spending money on one thing, we'll find another way to spend it.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to