FDX; Jeez Louise, Here we go again.......

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 14
Go to
Quote: Just remember the pay rates are but a single function on your quality of life as an airline pilot. Comparisons go both ways and involve many contract aspects, not simply W2.
I believe his point is UPS pilots will continue to receive annual payraises even though their contract is amendable. A concept that ALPA apparently has no interest in persuing.
Quote: I believe his point is UPS pilots will continue to receive annual payraises even though their contract is amendable. A concept that ALPA apparently has no interest in persuing.

I'm seriously considering sending my union dues to the IPA. My pay is based on their pay (they always seem to negotiate their contract first, ALPA then sets that as the "bar" to negotiate towards. They are taking a leadership role here. Hmmm ... they sound like a real union to me!*?
FLMD11Cpt, pointing out the obvious can get you called a "henchman" by the DW faction......trust me.
MM,
I am with you. IPA files a law suit to appeal the FAA's decision. Where is ALPA's? Thought we were supposed to have "The Best and Brightest" legal team in aviation.....where did that get us?
An All-Cargo Union would have gotten us at least this far....?????
I would assume we are the highest contributing pilots per capita in ALPA...again, where did that get us? Got us a last sentence Press Release saying "Shucks, sorry the Cargo guys didn't get the same work rules." Off to the Champagne Party at ALPA HQ!!!
Lanyard...Nah!......Pin.....Nah! PAC $.....Nah!
Quote: FLMD11Cpt, pointing out the obvious can get you called a "henchman" by the DW faction......trust me.
I know, but, bringing to light the back-smoke filled room deals trying to be made by the "We know what "they" want more than "they" do" crowd of DW cronies is a calling for good all unto itself. These folks truly believe that you are a neanderthal who cannot be trusted to make these "all important decisions". So if I am labeled as a Henchman, present or otherwise, so be it. I was during the "candidate influencing" situation exposure in recent history......I will continue to be a voice for shining the light of day on smokey doings........so ANC folks....call Chairman Latvala and Vice Duell and tell them, WE WANT THE 3%.......cause right now they are planning on voting that down in favor of Sect 6 openers.......what do you want?
Quote: I know, but, bringing to light the back-smoke filled room deals trying to be made by the "We know what "they" want more than "they" do" crowd of DW cronies is a calling for good all unto itself. These folks truly believe that you are a neanderthal who cannot be trusted to make these "all important decisions". So if I am labeled as a Henchman, present or otherwise, so be it. I was during the "candidate influencing" situation exposure in recent history......I will continue to be a voice for shining the light of day on smokey doings........so ANC folks....call Chairman Latvala and Vice Duell and tell them, WE WANT THE 3%.......cause right now they are planning on voting that down in favor of Sect 6 openers.......what do you want?
Shack!!! Here is another way to look at it. They don't vote their constituants wants and we go into section 6. Are we to then think, they will have our best interests in mind? Do they think we will trust them to follow them to the gates of h@#ll or support them in any unified action after ripping us wide open without the courtesy of using KY? Make them do their job.... representing our wants, not their individual interpretations of what they think would be best. The best way to do this is to call or email them one and all and keep the correspondence.
Pakagecheck, like most elected folks, they probably think they can do what they want because they have the power. They probably think they can just rally us later by the stroke of a pen, even after a betrayal of the rank and file. That is why I rarely refer to the elected few as 'leaders', because they rarely are. Take the 3%.
Quote: FLMD11Cpt, pointing out the obvious can get you called a "henchman" by the DW faction......trust me.
Come on guys, let's give up the 3% so we can get a higher pay rate for the 380! BTW, anything the DW faction calls me, except friend, I would consider a compliment.
It seems like all you're concerned about is 3%. How about we tighten the contract language that is repeatedly interpreted to our detriment and get some unity and fix the work rules that gut our standard of living. Reading these posts all I see is 3%, 3%, 3%. So what about 3%? 3% is not our problem.
Quote: It seems like all you're concerned about is 3%. How about we tighten the contract language that is repeatedly interpreted to our detriment and get some unity and fix the work rules that gut our standard of living. Reading these posts all I see is 3%, 3%, 3%. So what about 3%? 3% is not our problem.
Guess I hit a nerve with the DW faction...nice first post. I agree that we need to fix the items you mentioned. But why leave the raise on the table? The company is engaged with our negotiating committee now. Don't believe me? Call or email them and ask like I did. It is ludicrous to throw away millions of dollars, just so we can say we are in formal section 6 negotiations. Progress is being made, so for the raise I can wait 12 months for section 6. Just trying to figure out what our picket signs would say if we turn down the raise. How about "They were talking when they didn't have to, but now they have to" or "We gave up 60 million so we could wear our hats and walk in a circle"
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 14
Go to