Silver Airways

Subscribe
202  252  292  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  312  352  402 
Page 302 of 683
Go to
Quote:
2) The ATP thing might MIGHT be only a few guys once the company realizes how much money they're going to be spending sending you all to ATP. I'm going to put a couple dimes down that they either change their minds beforehand or within the first couple groups of guys going to ATP.
Thats what im thinking, but there are almost 60 FOs who need an ATP within the next 76 days...they better figure this out soon.
I don't work there but..... is there anything wrong with doing the after start to the line and moving away from the gate (at least 10 feet) to complete ffod checks and the after start below the line?
Probably...

Of course I never move the airplane before the appropriate checklists are completed....
To the line seems to be fine but then when do you finish below the line? Short of pulling off to the side or holding short it seems much more convenient to just do the whole thing at once. I can foresee people forgetting to do it or being in a huge rush and missing certain steps.
All the captains in my base complete it before the aircraft moves and I feel like its a good idea. Seems to be the way they did it at Colgan and they're all smart guys.
I see it as "above the line" is must-do items before movement (Ext power removed, transponder set, hydraulic panel check for steering, cabin ready for taxi, emerg lights armed). I guess the rest is stuff that can be done after, especially after FFOD checks (can't set CTOT, autocoarsen, and ice protection until after checks are complete)... during the winter, we made sure to do "above the line" then leave the gate to do checks only so the rampers could go inside and warm up
Quote: I see it as "above the line" is must-do items before movement (Ext power removed, transponder set, hydraulic panel check for steering, cabin ready for taxi, emerg lights armed). I guess the rest is stuff that can be done after, especially after FFOD checks (can't set CTOT, autocoarsen, and ice protection until after checks are complete)... during the winter, we made sure to do "above the line" then leave the gate to do checks only so the rampers could go inside and warm up
True, but there are several items below the line that are heads down for the crew and I would rather do those sitting at the gate rather than trying to do that taxiing out in ATL.
Quote: True, but there are several items below the line that are heads down for the crew and I would rather do those sitting at the gate rather than trying to do that taxiing out in ATL.
Definitely, wasn't implying below the line gets done while moving. We usually do above the line, pull out, first flight checks, below the line, then taxi to runway, in which case you can start getting paid per TAMDAR requirements...Otherwise it's all the way before taxiing.
^ Agree with you big time on this one.
Quote: True, but there are several items below the line that are heads down for the crew and I would rather do those sitting at the gate rather than trying to do that taxiing out in ATL.
+1 (filler)
202  252  292  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  312  352  402 
Page 302 of 683
Go to