Silver Airways

Subscribe
213  263  303  309  310  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  323  363  413 
Page 313 of 683
Go to
Quote: Try sitting in in Duj or bfd THAT SUCKS
At the Dubois Mall Always something happening at the Dubois mall..(used to be a jingle on the radio up there.)
Quote: And you believed them?
yea i didn't know any better at the time coming from Flight instruction.
If you'd have some better senority, I'd say hang around. But if you're already at the bottom of the list here, then yes, leave for something else. No matter where you go you'll end up at the bottom of some other place's seniority list, on reserve.

There are some guys here who have a flying job on the side, but they keep it hush hush. Maybe the CP will give you prior permission, especially if it will help prevent you from not having the 1500.

BTW, if any of you guys in IAD ever want to take a tour of the Ramp tower, it's pretty cool and the guys working are awesome also.
Quote: yea i didn't know any better at the time coming from Flight instruction.
We've all been there man!

I remember being a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, ex-SIU CFI hearing that I would upgrade in 12 months on the ERJ.

Man was I happy about that....in 2008.

Hell I don't think I would have been old enough.
Those were the days...
I heard through the grapevine that we are losing close to 50 pilots due to them not meeting the 1500hours by august. I'm about 50 hours shy of 1500hrs. I'm thinking maybe if I hang around I will probably be able to become a line holder and move up to seniority. Again it's all rumors, who knows what will happen. This Sux!
Quote: Those were the days...
Weren't you in high school then?
Quote: I heard through the grapevine that we are losing close to 50 pilots due to them not meeting the 1500hours by august. I'm about 50 hours shy of 1500hrs. I'm thinking maybe if I hang around I will probably be able to become a line holder and move up to seniority. Again it's all rumors, who knows what will happen. This Sux!
I doubt the number is that high. I can tell you that only 2 from the CLE system aren't going to make it. One only by less than 50 hours. My guess is that there's only 3 or 4 from BIL that won't make it.

Someone do the math for the IAD, ATL, and FL systems and we'll have a better idea of what to expect.
Quote: I doubt the number is that high. I can tell you that only 2 from the CLE system aren't going to make it. One only by less than 50 hours. My guess is that there's only 3 or 4 from BIL that won't make it.

Someone do the math for the IAD, ATL, and FL systems and we'll have a better idea of what to expect.
At best 20-30 system wide. Not sure if that's enough to really make a dent in the operation.
20-30 not make a dent? That's a fifth of the FOs. That's a big deal. By the way there's almost 1400 hours of Saab open time for June. Just under 6 for fo's and almost 8 for ca. Don't think all the recurrents or ATP training is scheduled either so those numbers may grow. Get your time if you need it.
213  263  303  309  310  311  312  313  314  315  316  317  323  363  413 
Page 313 of 683
Go to