Silver Airways

Subscribe
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552 
Page 452 of 683
Go to
Quote: Don't forget the big shoot down of a cle hub, and that is the most junior equipment.
Just before class go visit bfd
BFD is in the middle of no where, hence cle hub would really be preferable. Does Silver actually base you guys in places like this? If so I feel the pain and understand why you guys are jumping ship.
Quote: BFD is in the middle of no where, hence cle hub would really be preferable. Does Silver actually base you guys in places like this? If so I feel the pain and understand why you guys are jumping ship.
You Better believe it!
And they came out and said no hope of a cle hub but they are looking into a IAD and ATL hub.
Also JHW is trying to get cape air and get rid of us early and BFD is trying to cancel our contract as well. It is on google news for silver airways. So who knows what this place is going to do, looks like a pending implosion.
Borrowed this from the Great Lakes thread:

Quote: Last I talked to a Laker buddy, they were "pre-cancelling" flights, due to lack of crews. This was about a week ago. I'm doubting it has changed within the last week...
Quote: That makes absolutely no sense. Are they paying the CQFO Captains pay when he/she is flying the right seat?
Quote: I guess they'd rather pay two people $31 per hour/ flight, rather than raising FO pay beyond $16 per hour, in order to attract new candidates.

This is a perfect example of why employees voting with their feet will, oftentimes, change nothing, if management is too inept to understand the message being sent.
Now I see why Management compares us to Great Lakes
so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
Quote: so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
If I am not mistaken, they can go to the person that initially issued the temp and get another one? I think?
Quote: If I am not mistaken, they can go to the person that initially issued the temp and get another one? I think?
Depending on who issued the temp - are they even aviaible? If not governmental, under what authority are they able to just issue another temp certificate or disregard the FARs (for instance who can authorize the extention of some cert)? These are some of the types of issues that Perfnit was expounding on in his thread - how is the gov't shutdown affecting you.
My new certificate was lost in the mail. You can go online to extend your temp for another 60 days. You can get as an email and print it out. I think it's all automated, because you get it right away.

Or disregard and tell them you can't fly.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp
Quote: My new certificate was lost in the mail. You can go online to extend your temp for another 60 days. You can get as an email and print it out. I think it's all automated, because you get it right away.

Or disregard and tell them you can't fly.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp
Yeah, maybe.

IF, and this is a big IF, they ever had your paperwork in OKC to begin with.

IF not, you're SOL and will be removed from payroll.

via EK
Quote: so, uh... I talked to a couple buddies of mine who were in my B1900 class in April (really more like may), and their temporary certificate expired, and the gov't is shut down, and they're sittin' pretty at home... soooo, they can't fly obviously... Is this affecting operations on the 1900D at all?
Not since they can't hold lines
Quote: Yeah, maybe.

IF, and this is a big IF, they ever had your paperwork in OKC to begin with.

IF not, you're SOL and will be removed from payroll.

via EK
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hoooooold on, hoooooold on! You're telling me that if my fourth (yes, fourth) temporary certificate expires and the Gubberment is still shutdown, EK is going to remove me from payroll?! Yeah... right

Fat chance since it's a screw up on their end that has me leap-frogging my way from temporary to temporary.
352  402  442  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  462  502  552 
Page 452 of 683
Go to