Silver Airways

Subscribe
155  555  605  645  651  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  665 
Page 655 of 683
Go to
Can folks at Silver discuss the current QOL situation?
What does the average schedule look like as far as legs per day go as well as average days off per month?
I understand there's a good mix of home-every-night and 3/4 day trip pairings, are both of these obtainable by all seniority or does one go more senior than the other?
Are you seeing lots of 121 career progression - pilots moving onto NK, JB, and the like? Legacies as well?

Thanks!
Quote: Can folks at Silver discuss the current QOL situation?
What does the average schedule look like as far as legs per day go as well as average days off per month?
I understand there's a good mix of home-every-night and 3/4 day trip pairings, are both of these obtainable by all seniority or does one go more senior than the other?
Are you seeing lots of 121 career progression - pilots moving onto NK, JB, and the like? Legacies as well?

Thanks!
-I think, QOL at Silver for most crew members is due to being able to drive to base and trips that have you home most nights. Other QOL factors for some are; flying around FL, Bahamas and Caribbean, transitioning to new ATR 42/72's and regularly flying with crews you know.

-Average schedule is 3-5 legs per day and per the CBA the minimum days off per month is 11. Although, most lines usually have 12-15 days off a month unless you are on reserve then it is usually 11.

-FLL and TPA lines are mostly day trips with a few overnights. MCO has about an even mix of lines that have overnights and lines that are just day trips. It varies month to month as to which lines go more senior.

-Most FO's have the hours to upgrade to CA after about 12-18 months flying here. Silver has a pathway program with Frontier and recently CA's have moved on to Frontier, CA's have also moved on to Spirit.
Any silver airways pilot can help me with loads for flight 92 TPA TO FLL TODAY 20 June thanks
Yeah, it’s wide open
Quote: -I think, QOL at Silver for most crew members is due to being able to drive to base and trips that have you home most nights. Other QOL factors for some are; flying around FL, Bahamas and Caribbean, transitioning to new ATR 42/72's and regularly flying with crews you know.

-Average schedule is 3-5 legs per day and per the CBA the minimum days off per month is 11. Although, most lines usually have 12-15 days off a month unless you are on reserve then it is usually 11.

-FLL and TPA lines are mostly day trips with a few overnights. MCO has about an even mix of lines that have overnights and lines that are just day trips. It varies month to month as to which lines go more senior.

-Most FO's have the hours to upgrade to CA after about 12-18 months flying here. Silver has a pathway program with Frontier and recently CA's have moved on to Frontier, CA's have also moved on to Spirit.
I live over in Ormond Beach, about 90 minutes from MCO. Wondering if Silver would be "doable"? I certainly don't want to race the I4 everyday if I can help it. If it helps I have 2900 TT, 900 ME with about 150 in the Saab.
Quote: I live over in Ormond Beach, about 90 minutes from MCO. Wondering if Silver would be "doable"? I certainly don't want to race the I4 everyday if I can help it. If it helps I have 2900 TT, 900 ME with about 150 in the Saab.
There is a 90 minute call out if you are on reserve, coming from Ormond might be cutting it close. But once you get a line it is very doable.
New hires still going to the saab? how does the timeline for the transition looks like?
Quote: New hires still going to the saab? how does the timeline for the transition looks like?

Last projection, all new hires will prob be getting the Saab till at least the new year. But things can always change unexpectedly, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw a Saab with green engines at FLL the other day. Special livery?
Quote: Saw a Saab with green engines at FLL the other day. Special livery?
They have a few specials. You probably saw this one:

155  555  605  645  651  652  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  665 
Page 655 of 683
Go to