Vacation During Training Month

Subscribe
Just hoping to clarify what I think I already know: If I have 2 weeks of vacation in FEB and I manage to block all of the days of the month with a red vacation line using slide and expansion except for one 3 day trip, will the company take that trip and insert training there? I know if I cover the month entirely, training will be slipped to the next month but not sure if I have a trip?
Quote: Just hoping to clarify what I think I already know: If I have 2 weeks of vacation in FEB and I manage to block all of the days of the month with a red vacation line using slide and expansion except for one 3 day trip, will the company take that trip and insert training there? I know if I cover the month entirely, training will be slipped to the next month but not sure if I have a trip?
I'm pretty sure that if you have 2 weeks of vacation, then the red line will only cover the actual vacation days. Unless you have 25 days of vacation, you won't be "blocking" all days. If you slide, then the red line will move. However, expansion doesn't expand your red line. It just knocks out trips.

After expansion, slides and the other post bid award adjustments, you'll have 14 days covered with a red line. Any other days in the bid month are fair game for your training (excluding vaca buffers). If you want your training on the three day trip, then you need to bid for it on those three days.
Expansion does block where they can put events. You can pick up events on those days, but they can't put anything in there.
It's late in the game, but maybe they'll let you move training to Mar

I always try to move my training to a non Vac month; they'll usually do it if you ask well ahead of time.
Quote: Expansion does block where they can put events. You can pick up events on those days, but they can't put anything in there.
You are correct. Expansion does stretch the red line and training cannot be placed anywhere on the red line. I've done that before. What I'm asking is if my entire month has a red line except for one 3-day trip, will the company take that trip and insert training there?
Quote: You are correct. Expansion does stretch the red line and training cannot be placed anywhere on the red line. I've done that before. What I'm asking is if my entire month has a red line except for one 3-day trip, will the company take that trip and insert training there?
If you bid for training on those days and can hold it - otherwise, your training will be slid into the next month
Well as an update to my thread, my training was deferred to March. Using vacation slide and expansion I covered all days of the month of FEB except for one 3-day trip and buffers. Trip wasn't taken by company and training was slipped to next month. I didn't bid any preferences for training during the bid period processing window.