anyone know how to get to 250 quick??

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
going for my single commerical and i need to get to the 250 mark! any suggestions on how to get to that point quickly and cheaply?? i'm at 160 at the current moment??
You can count 50 hours of sim time toward the commercial.
C-150 cheap and slow to build lots of time.
If you live in PA and are w/in driving distance of KWBW...PM me. Our C-172 is $80/hr + tax...runs like a champ and is in awesome condition...PM me for more info and a checkout!

Lax
Find the least expensive plane that you can, then go and do a bunch of cross countries (don't waste time flying in circles, XC time won't be a waste). Find a safety pilot to split time with, instrument time is also a good thing to have.
If doing cross country flying, read up on the "long" XC requirement for commercial, 3 legs, certain distances, etc. That way, you have it done when you are ready for your commercial check ride. It is a PIC XC, not a dual XC requirement (I seem to recall).
Some C-152's have an STC that allows them to run on automobile gas. If you can find one for rent, try to work out a deal where you can take the thing for a couple weeks for a 60-80 hour block. You will get a discount on the block rental, and you can get cheap gas. Go on a long trip, and make sure you punch all of the solo XC and night tickets required for the commercial.
use a pen....
Legendskid,

I am building up my cross country time right now and I have been suckering my friends into flying and splitting the costs. I am still in college and a lot of my friends homes are about a 6-8 hour car drive so we fly and split the costs. Works out well, I get time for cheap and get to see different airports all the time.
i'm in the same boat! got about 50 hours left. lots of xc flying. good experience too.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to