Boeing Worker Run Over By 787 In Everett

Subscribe
Boeing worker run over by 787 in Everett | KING5.com Seattle
I hope the guy recovers & has no permanent or serious injuries.

The reporter: The pilots can't see you? What do you mean?! The plane is being towed!
Quote: I hope the guy recovers & has no permanent or serious injuries.

The reporter: The pilots can't see you? What do you mean?! The plane is being towed!
Brake riders?

Guess that isn't a problem with that airplane - or even the King Air as I see them tow them all the time without brake riders, but in a past life a plane did not move without someone sitting in the cockpit. I wonder if that is just one of those military things or even if most communities in the military required brake riders?

USMCFLYR
We used brake riders in every military plane I flew EXCEPT the King Air.
Does that someone rid
Does that someone riding up front have to be a pilot or could they be MX? Just saying.
Quote: Brake riders?

Guess that isn't a problem with that airplane - or even the King Air as I see them tow them all the time without brake riders, but in a past life a plane did not move without someone sitting in the cockpit. I wonder if that is just one of those military things or even if most communities in the military required brake riders?

USMCFLYR
I towed all kinds of aircraft sans brake rider back in my lineman days. You just gotta be mindful of your surroundings and the people in the area. My most memorable tow? This mother right here, had to back her into a hangar:

Anyway, I wonder if he was kicking the chocks out from under the wheel and she started to roll forward/back on him.
Quote: Does that someone riding up front have to be a pilot or could they be MX? Just saying.
I did a bit of riding myself in the day, but yes, it was a qualification within the Line shop and maintainers would often used in my old community.

Yeah - I'm sure it is done all the time with GA aircraft at FBOs of course. Ours gets moved around all the time and we aren't anywhere close .

It is quite the coordinated drill. I mean it took a team of SIX (6) to move a plane - every time!

USMCFLYR
KPAE is a freaking mess with all the 787s laying around taking permanent locations on the taxiways, runways, etc. The ATIS takes an extra 30 seconds just on the closures.