Hawaii Island Air to take delivery of ATR 72s

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I wish them all the luck and good fortune they can get. I flew for Island Air from 1990-1996. They have always been a underfunded and unappreciated airline. There were years we're they made the profit for the Aloha Air group.
In the fall of 1990 the president of Aloha Island Air showed the pilots his proposal to acquire ATR's for inter- island service. Of course this was shut down by big brother. I believe that not integrating the two airlines into a more seamless service was one of the cornerstones of Aloha's failure. But we can debate that all day long. My only concern is how they going to get that airplane into JHM?

They hope to aquire atr42s for JHM later on.
Quote: . My only concern is how they going to get that airplane into JHM?
3000 feet long is not a problem for the ATR. eagle used to take it into places that long down in the caribbean.
Looks like they thought of everything.
At 3000 feet it's about 400 feet shorter than the shortest runway we used the ATRs down in the Caribbean. TVSC an TKPN were both 3400 usable RWY length. 3000 feet is gonna be a tight fit.
Update from a Sept. 10 article
http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2355342

Looks like things are moving right along....

anyone know if the ATR contract is a wet or dry lease?
The first ATR 72 has already been delivered. WP pilots will be flying these.

Island Air takes delivery of its first ATR 72 and introduces a new look | World Airline News
Quote: Hmm, some of Eagle's returned 212A fleet?
Well I know some of our ATRs made the flight out there. It was amazing to see that they could do that.
Quote: Well I know some of our ATRs made the flight out there. It was amazing to see that they could do that.
Probably the same way they got the 717s out there...rip out the seats and stuff a few aux tanks in the cabin.
Quote: The first ATR 72 has already been delivered. WP pilots will be flying these.

Island Air takes delivery of its first ATR 72 and introduces a new look | World Airline News

weird knowing i have flown that plane in the picture. N348AE was one of the former DFW ATR's.
Looks like it went to Kaneohe this weekend. Must've been showing it off at the airshow.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to