Optimizer slashes 757 Winnipeg layover

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Wow, the 757 April bid pack slashes the YWG layover from 35 hours in previous months to 11 hours in April. Yes, it’s one leg back to the planet instead of two, but still, you hub-turn in and out of this short layover twice per week. And we’re supposed to take a crew alert an hour before show on international trips? That really makes it a 10-hour layover if you plan to leave the hotel for dinner. Factor in late pushes from the hub, some bad weather, and this gets nasty quick. One plus is that you turn to a long layover in BNA on Wednesday, but otherwise it’s an ugly line that shows the optimizer is at it again. I think I’m beginning to understand the cargo cutout better now.
But we don't fly 757s...

Oh, you must be talking about FedEx
Quote: But we don't fly 757s...

Oh, you must be talking about FedEx
FedEx has 757's and a 12 year Capt makes ~$40/hr more than an Atlas 767 Capt. You should look into it ...

Oh, you were talking about Atlas
Quote: FedEx has 757's and a 12 year Capt makes ~$40/hr more than an Atlas 767 Capt. You should look into it ...

I took his post to simply mean that they see the same crap at his company too.
No, I took his post to mean that Velcro Captain hadn't mentioned FedEx, in either the title or the text of his comment, something we've talked about before here. Most guys do, but VC didn't and was being pimped about it.

I took Mark's comment as a snide (unwarranted) dig, and play on words.

But of course I've been wrong before.... There was that time back in '98, but I digress.

JJ
Quote: Wow, the 757 April bid pack slashes the YWG layover from 35 hours in previous months to 11 hours in April. Yes, it’s one leg back to the planet instead of two, but still, you hub-turn in and out of this short layover twice per week. And we’re supposed to take a crew alert an hour before show on international trips? That really makes it a 10-hour layover if you plan to leave the hotel for dinner. Factor in late pushes from the hub, some bad weather, and this gets nasty quick. One plus is that you turn to a long layover in BNA on Wednesday, but otherwise it’s an ugly line that shows the optimizer is at it again. I think I’m beginning to understand the cargo cutout better now.

New to the aircraft???? Go look at last years bidpack. Long layover is only during winter months.
Been doing that for years in the Bus to YYC. Welcome to the real world
Sounds like someone needs to play the "f-card" if necessary.
Quote: FedEx has 757's and a 12 year Capt makes ~$40/hr more than an Atlas 767 Capt. You should look into it ...

What's your point? UPS 15 year 757 Capt. makes $44/hr more than a 15 year FedEx 757 Capt.
Quote: What's your point? UPS 15 year 757 Capt. makes $44/hr more than a 15 year FedEx 757 Capt.

ONE PAY SCALEONE PAY SCALEONE PAY SCALE
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to