Republic Training Contract Being Enforced!

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 9 of 11
Go to
If you sign the contract, but don't show up to training, they can't collect anything from you right? I'm reading the fine print and it says they can come after you for what they've spent on you, which at that point is virtually nothing. Anybody have experience with this?
Nobody should be signing a training contract, especially now!
yes, I realize that, but the question still stands, anybody know?
They can still say they spent money on you if they have done anything to prepare to train you, I.e. pass up another person for training, set up sims, prepare paperwork and materials. I'm sure there is a lot more they can say they did in preparation for your training you failed to show up for. And they have paperwork you signed agreeing to reimburse them for training costs should you leave before the set amount of time.

But since you never received any training from them it is highly likely nothing will come of it.
Why don't you guys just fulfill the contract?
Quote: yes, I realize that, but the question still stands, anybody know?
Yes, that's correct. They can't collect until they've spent money on you. Enjoy Skywest.
Quote: Typical American mentality. Never take responsibility, and blame everyone else for your stupid financial decisions. Same as the current mortgage debacle except you can replace "big bad bank" with "Republic".
Kind of like the Eurozone Crisis, right? Typical European elitism
First year pay was your training contract , what's why it's **** poor
IIRC, the contract takes effect when you pass your checkride, so if you don't show up to class then it does not take effect.

You'll get a copy when you are offered a class anyways, so you can read all the fine print. But you don't have to sign it until Day 1.
Republic training contract being enforced.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2001/01/art1full.pdf

Read this. It explains a little better. That Great Lakes guy got hosed because of Wyoming.

It depends on the state.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 9 of 11
Go to