8710 Hours for CFI Renewal

Subscribe
Hey guys,

I just completed my CFI renewal online through American Flyers and I came across a question regarding my 8710. I haven't flown since I renewed my CFI last time and it is a complete pain to calculate all the hours for the 8710. Do I need to complete Section III "Record of Pilot Time" even though there are no hour requirements for a CFI renewal?

Thanks,
Levi
There is no need to list your current time on the 8710. The only benefit to listing your flight time is if you were to lose your log book. The FAA would have record of your hours so that rebuilding your log book would be easier.
Quote: There is no need to list your current time on the 8710. The only benefit to listing your flight time is if you were to lose your log book. The FAA would have record of your hours so that rebuilding your log book would be easier.
+1 . Bingo
Quote: There is no need to list your current time on the 8710. The only benefit to listing your flight time is if you were to lose your log book. The FAA would have record of your hours so that rebuilding your log book would be easier.

+1 and calculating 8710 flight times are a big PITA.....that's why I always save a copy of my last 8710 so all I have to figure out is what I've flown since the last one and add. Much easier
Or have an electronic logbook that prints the form for you.
Quote: Hey guys,

I just completed my CFI renewal online through American Flyers and I came across a question regarding my 8710. I haven't flown since I renewed my CFI last time and it is a complete pain to calculate all the hours for the 8710. Do I need to complete Section III "Record of Pilot Time" even though there are no hour requirements for a CFI renewal?

Thanks,
Levi

Copy the info from your last 8710.
Quote: Or have an electronic logbook that prints the form for you.
If you do decide to put your hours in an electronic logbook, be sure that you also purchase an external hard drive or use a flash drive to back up your data. The hard drive on my computer has messed up twice, so I have had to input about 1500 hours three times. I learned the hard way, but now have it backed up. It was a miracle my paper logbook was caught up both times the computer crashed.