Orange Air...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 15
Go to
Quote: In all seriousness is there any charter only start up with larger jets that has ever made it?
USA jet used md80's for human transpo not to long ago - I think they just do freight now.

Years ago some outfit ran out of sfb to. Biloxi for gamblers.
World Airways only lasted 66 years.
Quote: In all seriousness is there any charter only start up with larger jets that has ever made it?
Omni got it's start in '83 with Learjets...'91 with 727's, '98 DC-10's...Brief period of 757's and now operates 767's and 777's...and has been profitable for 30 of those years...I guess you can say Omni was a successful large Jet Charter start up...

It comes down to making good business decisions over the long term in any business for that business to be successful...
APAs going strong for 16, but cargo.
Looks like dreams became reality. Orange Air is operating a MD-83 on college football charters. Oddly they are operating under the tail #N918AV as opposed to a call sign. Not sure I have ever seen a 121 airline operating this way.
FAA has been slow to approve call sign.

Quote: Looks like dreams became reality. Orange Air is operating a MD-83 on college football charters. Oddly they are operating under the tail #N918AV as opposed to a call sign. Not sure I have ever seen a 121 airline operating this way.
Quote: Looks like dreams became reality. Orange Air is operating a MD-83 on college football charters. Oddly they are operating under the tail #N918AV as opposed to a call sign. Not sure I have ever seen a 121 airline operating this way.
Not uncommon. We've used tail numbers for VIP operations.
Call sign will be Orange Jet
Looks like they have a second Plane coming on line.
Quote: Call sign will be Orange Jet
Great. Controllers will love "Execjet", "XOJET", and now "Orangejet."
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 15
Go to