Would you stop a bike thief?

Subscribe
Would You Stop a Bike Thief? | Video - ABC News

Very interesting.
It would depend on what he looked like and if my family was there. If he didn't look armed I would confront him. Otherwise just discreetly call the cops.

I'm not afraid to do the right thing, but I'm not the kind of guy who brings a knife to a gun fight...especially over a bicycle.

But to give all those people some benefit of doubt...the "thief" was so blatant that it created confusion amongst the onlookers.
Rick, did you watch the whole video?
Quote: Rick, did you watch the whole video?

Yup, doesn't change my answer. I would have stopped the guy if I thought he looked like a harmless kid. Both actors looked pretty harmless...no prison tats, track marks, etc. If he looked armed, I would have made a discrete phone call.

If this was rape as opposed to bicycle theft, I would have communicated immediately with unequivocal violence regardless of what he looked like. Risk/benefit tradeoff.

The last guy was so incensed I suspect he would have stopped the white guy too.
I wouldn't have said anything because I would have assumed it was the owner trying to get his bike. A real thief would have been smart enough to knock the pole over or lift the bike over the sign. ;-)
did it occur in a state that has CHL reciprocity with Texas?