Airliners as bizjets

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
The Getty family finally parked their 727 last year. One of the reasons you see so many 727s, you can get them dirt cheap, around a million, put in a 10 million interior and be on your way for a third of what a G4 or BBJ will cost you. When you only fly 15 hours a month, the bank note becomes more important than operating costs.
Mark Cubin has a 757, I've seen a Saudi 747 in KLEX a few times as well as a Kuwait ( I think) 767 at Atlantic in KIAH.

I think Hendrick or maybe one of the others uses a SAAB 2000.

fbp
Quote: Mark Cubin has a 757, I've seen a Saudi 747 in KLEX a few times as well as a Kuwait ( I think) 767 at Atlantic in KIAH.

I think Hendrick or maybe one of the others uses a SAAB 2000.

fbp
I'm pretty sure Cubin has a G550 and the 757 is for the team. Of course his 550 cost more than the 757.
Quote: you can get them dirt cheap, around a million, put in a 10 million interior and be on your way for a third of what a G4 or BBJ will cost you.
these days you can get an older airworthy GIV with good paint and interior for around 6 million.
Qatar bought some C17s. One of them has a nifty paint job, as I recall they use it to haul horses.
A while back Aviation Week had a picture of a white 747-8, one of the first, if not THE first, passenger variants. Caption said it was going to a private owner rumored to be based in the Middle East.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to