AMR loses $619 million in month of FEB

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
AMR loses $619 million in February - MarketWatch

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- AMR Corp. AAMRQ +2.01% reported a loss of $619 million, or $1.85 a share, for the month of February on operating revenue of $1.81 billion, according to a filing with regulators on Friday. The airline, wihch filed for bankruptcy on Nov. 29, disclosed $24.4 billion in total assets including $40 million in cash, $4.2 billion in restricted cash and short-term investments, and $10.9 billion in flight equipment. The company's accumulated deficit totaled $8.44 billion as of Feb. 29.

That 4.2 billion is about to be under 3 billion, this is the 3rd month they have posted a huge loss.
I like Terry Maxon's headline: Good thing there were only 29 days

Through some fuzzy math, AMR's cash balance is now $4.65bil. The wonders of bankruptcy
Quote: I like Terry Maxon's headline: Good thing there were only 29 days

Through some fuzzy math, AMR's cash balance is now $4.65bil. The wonders of bankruptcy
You're right, they must be keeping too sets of books. I'm guessing you believe operating losses are offset by cash on hand.
Quote: I'm guessing you believe operating losses are offset by cash on hand.
And I'm guessing you believe losing millions of $$ each month is all part of the Grand Strategy.

Two, too. Whatever. Keep pressing that "I Believe" button.
Quote: You're right, they must be keeping too sets of books. I'm guessing you believe operating losses are offset by cash on hand.
Yes, too sets of books. That's the ticket!
they are most likely selling/mortgaging things to raise the cash??

Could it be returns on their short term investments??

I do not get it, I remember some pilot in the JFK crew room last summer who had all this figured out. I think he should have joined management, even if just to blow more smoke up everyone's butt hole.
So AMR says it lost 2/3 of a billion in one month......while they are in bankruptcy and probably not paying a lot of their bills ?

I find it dubiously suspicious this bombshell loss pops up just before they head to court to convince a judge it's the employees fault.

It took them six months to lose that much BEFORE they even declared BK !

Amazing.
BK comes with a ton of one time costs, I remember this from DAL and UAL.
A lot of financial engineering going on. How did they book $372 million of unearned transportation revenue? Was there a huge increase in advance bookings? If so, why? Are they releasing a report based as if they were not in BK, that is, are they fully accounting for accrued expenses that they may have paid in cash? Are they accounting for all non-cash expenses? Are they accounting for expenses deferred by BK?

GF
thats the executive boards meal expenses.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to