Tool of the day

Subscribe
50  550  950  1000  1040  1046  1047  1048  1049  1050  1051  1052  1053  1054  1060  1100  1150 
Page 1050 of 1239
Go to
Quote: The Q400s we have now do not have a sink or running water. Alaska is that cheap. The lavs always smell like sh!t too. There's some sani-foam stuff you can "sanitize" your hands with after you're done.
Amazing. Do the toilets have flush water? Or do they do like the old railroad toilets which used to have a sign over the commode, ‘Do not flush while the train is in the station’? The old railroad toilets just had a flapper which, when opened dumped directly on the railroad track.

Separately, my condolences for the incident on Fri Aug 10.
Quote: Ya might dial it back a little there. I don't know what you (a mod I think) see, but I don't see any deleted posts. On my browser, the posts have just vanished with no trace.
Interesting, it didn't used to do that. But whack can dial it back first, I'm just trying to apply the rules in reasonable manner, don't need to take a bunch of crap for it.
Quote: The Q400s we have now do not have a sink or running water. Alaska is that cheap. The lavs always smell like sh!t too. There's some sani-foam stuff you can "sanitize" your hands with after you're done.
They must not have Taco Bell's in Alaska yet.
On Castaway last night Tom Hanks fills up the sink and splashes the water in his face, how gross. I wonder if FedEx guys do that, or if those 11's were in airline service first.
Quote: Amazing. Do the toilets have flush water? Or do they do like the old railroad toilets which used to have a sign over the commode, ‘Do not flush while the train is in the station’? The old railroad toilets just had a flapper which, when opened dumped directly on the railroad track.

Those trains are still running in Czech and Slovakia, TP and logs right there on the tracks.
Quote: Those trains are still running in Czech and Slovakia, TP and logs right there on the tracks.
Ever been to a Czech park? A mine field. Love dem dogs.
Quote: Amazing. Do the toilets have flush water? Or do they do like the old railroad toilets which used to have a sign over the commode, ‘Do not flush while the train is in the station’? The old railroad toilets just had a flapper which, when opened dumped directly on the railroad track.

We got blue juice
Reminds me of this:

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2016/...er-turboprops/

Alaska Q400:

Everyone else:
Wow! Next thing you are going to tell me is the Alaska Q400 does not serve First Class meals! Lol
Back on topic about leaving the f/A's after we land. We are all adults here that can take care of ourselves. There is no reason for the front end crew to hang around while we wait for the entire plane to deplane of we're going to hotel that has a scheduled van run.

I can understand if the van is for hire.
Quote: Back on topic about leaving the f/A's after we land. We are all adults here that can take care of ourselves. There is no reason for the front end crew to hang around while we wait for the entire plane to deplane of we're going to hotel that has a scheduled van run.

I can understand if the van is for hire.
Airline culture must have changed. We always kept our crew together, and if the van was short of seats, we would send the F/As and wait for the next one. No problem.
50  550  950  1000  1040  1046  1047  1048  1049  1050  1051  1052  1053  1054  1060  1100  1150 
Page 1050 of 1239
Go to