Tool of the day

Subscribe
81  581  981  1031  1071  1077  1078  1079  1080  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1091  1131  1181 
Page 1081 of 1239
Go to
Where do these guys come from? Do they ask themselves “what can I do to not be liked, not get along with others and tank CRM in the process?”
Quote: This reminds me of the CA that would say “not yet...now” when I called “10,000” a second early.
I still feel joy from my passive aggressive elongated “teeeeen thhhhhoooooousaaaaand” for the rest of the trip. He literally sat there shaking his head in agony.
SWA hired him.
I thought I was the only one that guy did that to.

Plane Coffee
Quote: And you just won TOTD
just for reference, what part won it for you?
Quote: just for reference, what part won it for you?
Probably the hand over the flap lever.

Do what you want as the CA, but keep in mind how distracting that is for a newer FO who will likely fixate on “why is his hand there? Should I configure? Does he want me to configure?”

The “your leg, you fly” is great in theory, but placing your hand on the flap lever or gear handle to “avoid searching for the handle”
Is pretty obnoxious.
I keep my hand on the cockpit door handle so as soon as the parking checklist is finished I can disappear into the night.

Plane Coffee
You should know your airplane enough with eyes closed your hand should be able to find the flaps, gear, thrust levers, parking brake, spoilers, etc.

No new to hand hover. As a FO over a decade, I saw numerous cases of hand hovering. As a new-ish FO it definitely makes one wonder if the CA wants to configure now? Or did I mess up that the CA want the flaps/gear now?
I guess I just don’t care enough. Want to configure now? Ok. Want to fly every leg? Ok. Doesn’t matter to me, I get paid the same.
Quote: I guess I just don’t care enough. Want to configure now? Ok. Want to fly every leg? Ok. Doesn’t matter to me, I get paid the same.
I think you and I would get along.
I draw the line at guarding the yoke.
Quote: So I like looking outside, and I will leave my hand on the flap lever so I can extend/retract without having to go look for the handle.
It's more of a distraction than anything else. By you doing that it's a going to make me (the PF) wonder "Should I be asking for flaps?" The great thing is the location of the flap lever doesn't move, so you won't have to go "looking for the handle" It's always in the same location on every flight.
81  581  981  1031  1071  1077  1078  1079  1080  1081  1082  1083  1084  1085  1091  1131  1181 
Page 1081 of 1239
Go to