Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Sorry I consider the tsa a fellow aviation worker as much as I consider the janitor a fellow aviation worker. I’ve got other friends who work in the federal government (park rangers) and it’s just part of the gig. They get great benefits and this comes with the territory. Tsa is one of the biggest jokes of our federal budget.
I'm sorry that you disdain TSA agents as much as you disdain janitors. Not everybody can be a rockstar pilot like you.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Sorry I consider the tsa a fellow aviation worker as much as I consider the janitor a fellow aviation worker. I’ve got other friends who work in the federal government (park rangers) and it’s just part of the gig. They get great benefits and this comes with the territory. Tsa is one of the biggest jokes of our federal budget.
Not getting paid and being used as a political pawn is in the job description?

Can you imagine what would happen if pilots stopped getting paid and people called them worthless and overpaid? Man, you would have to rename this snowflake central.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

Can you imagine getting a retirement for life after two years of service? The TSA does.

While this initial amount is a small pension just imagine a small pension from every part time job you ever had.

Not sorry.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by ChecklistMonkey View Post
Not getting paid and being used as a political pawn is in the job description?

Can you imagine what would happen if pilots stopped getting paid and people called them worthless and overpaid? Man, you would have to rename this snowflake central.
And how much training did they have to get that job?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
Can you imagine getting a retirement for life after two years of service? The TSA does.

While this initial amount is a small pension just imagine a small pension from every part time job you ever had.

Not sorry.
Sounds like a great idea first world nations should embrace
Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Banned

Not sorry.
Something tells me you got that stat from a less than reputable source. Here is what I found on the OPM.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/eligibility/
Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned

And how much training did they have to get that job?
How much I was trained is COMPLETELY irrelevant. There isn't a person on earth who should do work and then have their earned wages held hostage by their employer to play a political stunt or otherwise. It is a disgrace.

If you worked in a steel mill and worked two 40 hour weeks back to back and your employer threatened to withhold your wages until you (insert what they want here), there would be riots. As there should be.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

Originally Posted by ChecklistMonkey View Post
Something tells me you got that stat from a less than reputable source. Here is what I found on the OPM.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/eligibility/
I stand corrected.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Angry Pilots are "above" TSA agents....

Wow! A COMMON, lowly janitor, huh? How terribly droll... Hilltop, say that in your best Thurston Howell III voice...

Dude, you sound like a throwback from the Gilded Age and India's Caste System. I do admire your courage, though, to admit that twisted, elitist dribble on the TOOL of the Day forum. That's literally self-disclosing..., almost shouting..: "Hey, I, hilltopflyer, am nominating myself for TOOL of the Day, and here's why you should vote for ME."

Your above post is one of the reason that pilots are often branded as pompous, self-important, and elitist Prima Donas that think that they are better than their fellow employees that "serve them". I always defend our profession, saying that "Hey, we pilots are not all like that.. You can't blame an entire profession for the words and actions of a few TOOLS."

Your self-disclosing entry above is part of the reason pilots get a bad wrap. I regret that you must deal with the likes of Plebian janitors, TSA Agents, rampers, F/A's, mechanics, gate agents, and anyone else not up to your "level" in your daily trevails. Good luck and thank you for your potential Grand Prize winning entry in the TOOL of the Day Contest!!
Old 01-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy You stand corrected, but are you sorry?

Not sorry.
I stand corrected.

So.... I just have to ask... Are you sorry now?

Last edited by B727DRVR; 01-09-2019 at 08:34 PM.