Tool of the day

Subscribe
146  646  1046  1096  1136  1142  1143  1144  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1156  1196 
Page 1146 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Capt A-hole today who berates me today for going “hot mike” and insisting on NOT using the intercom during critical phases of flight starting with the taxi at a foreign airport.
You Sir, are the Tool of the Day.
Thank the sky gods you only have one year till retirement.

Retirement should be a sliding scale.
If you’re an a-hole 55 and if you’re a cool dude 75.
Average be 65.
Berating for that. What airline you fly for? I don’t put up with that anymore. Drives me nuts.
Quote: Capt A-hole today who berates me today for going “hot mike” and insisting on NOT using the intercom during critical phases of flight starting with the taxi at a foreign airport.
Wow. That's exactly when I'd think you'd WANT to be on hot mike. Those are the times when clear crew communication are critical. This sounds like a call to ProStans is in order.
Quote:
If you’re an a-hole 28 and if you’re a cool dude 75.
Average be 65.
Fixed it for you.
You Sir, are the Tool of the Day.
Thank the sky gods you only have one year till retirement.

If you’re an a-hole 55 and if you’re a cool dude 75.
Average be 65.
That little $2.50 switch is the best and sometimes the most item on the 60+ million dollar jet I fly. Sounds like the chap you flew has people skills issues.
Did he have a crappy headset?
Rare to see 737 guys without a DC or Bose in right seat, still a few even with just boom mic and ear piece. Seems I remember someone saying it sounded funny.
Like most, I prefer IC with my DCPro.

Trying to understand what he's complaining about here. When you say "hot mike" do you mean a true hot mike when your mike is continuously open, or voice activated, which many (including my company's checklists) refer to as "hot mike"?

And if he's insisting on not using the intercom, how are you communicating? Just shouting at each other?
Quote: Trying to understand what he's complaining about here. When you say "hot mike" do you mean a true hot mike when your mike is continuously open, or voice activated, which many (including my company's checklists) refer to as "hot mike"?

And if he's insisting on not using the intercom, how are you communicating? Just shouting at each other?
I’ve flown with one guy who insisted on only communicating by shouting. He wore a Bose A20. With one ear uncovered. I asked him how he liked his noise cancelling but he didn’t seem to get it. He said he didn’t want ground crew or other planes to accidentally hear cockpit conversation.
Quote: I’ve flown with one guy who insisted on only communicating by shouting. He wore a Bose A20. With one ear uncovered. I asked him how he liked his noise cancelling but he didn’t seem to get it. He said he didn’t want ground crew or other planes to accidentally hear cockpit conversation.
Wait.... what?!?!
Quote: I’ve flown with one guy who insisted on only communicating by shouting. He wore a Bose A20. With one ear uncovered. I asked him how he liked his noise cancelling but he didn’t seem to get it. He said he didn’t want ground crew or other planes to accidentally hear cockpit conversation.

Hmmm ... did you recommend him for a psych eval?
Quote: Did he have a crappy headset?
Rare to see 737 guys without a DC or Bose in right seat, still a few even with just boom mic and ear piece. Seems I remember someone saying it sounded funny.
Like most, I prefer IC with my DCPro.
I flew with a CA recently (about 12 yrs in the company) who was still using his issued telex... He vaguely mentioned at some point on the trip that he was considering upgrading. Maybe in another 2-3 years I had to work hard to keep a straight face.
146  646  1046  1096  1136  1142  1143  1144  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1156  1196 
Page 1146 of 1239
Go to