Tool of the day

Subscribe
149  649  1049  1099  1139  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1151  1152  1153  1159  1199 
Page 1149 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Not suspicious, but shows you don't really want the job, or are too lazy to figure it out.
Logbooks were overseas, as my base was. Didn’t and still don’t commute or travel with them. Stopped by a job fair enroute from MCO. The job fair was a pleasant surprise that I didn’t know was going on. Not lazy, I didn’t want to risk losing my logbooks. Situation fully disclosed prior to phone call. Thanks for the input. FO from CP office was a Tool. He probably has a koala painted on his Hyundai to match “his” A320.
Quote: Not suspicious, but shows you don't really want the job, or are too lazy to figure it out.
Logbooks were overseas, as my base was. Didn’t and still don’t commute or travel with them. Stopped by a job fair enroute from MCO. The job fair was a pleasant surprise that I didn’t know was going on. Not lazy, I didn’t want to risk losing my logbooks. Situation fully disclosed prior to phone call. Thanks for the input. FO from CP office was a Tool. He probably has a koala painted on his Hyundai to match “his” A320.
Quote: Logbooks were overseas, as my base was. Didn’t and still don’t commute or travel with them. Stopped by a job fair enroute from MCO. The job fair was a pleasant surprise that I didn’t know was going on. Not lazy, I didn’t want to risk losing my logbooks. Situation fully disclosed prior to phone call. Thanks for the input. FO from CP office was a Tool. He probably has a koala painted on his Hyundai to match “his” A320.
So after the “surprise” job fair they called you for an interview to take place when? You’re telling us you weren’t going home at any point between the job fair and the scheduled interview to get your logs? And you weren’t able to schedule an interview date that would allow you to go get them?

Further, if you’re interested in a company, job fairs for that company aren’t a surprise. People that really want to work there know when and where these fairs take place and come prepared. If it was a surprise you obviously are indifferent about working there.
Quote: Whoever called me from Frontier who identified himself as “from the CP’s office”, and said I was suspicious as I didn’t have my logbooks with me while on commute from an overseas job. Thanks, but no thanks First Officer Toolbox. I’ll pass on the interview as I’m “suspicious”.
Quote: Went to a job fair enroute from Orlando. Told them no logbooks after a nice meet and greet. Explained I was just on my commute. No problem, understood. Called a few days later for an interview. Stated again, no logbook. Called me suspicious. I have an appointment in Artesia, NM for training and a security clearance. I’m obviously too suspicious for for an airbus with cute animals airbrushed on the tail and the FO who identifies as a CP. Nothing more to tell. I didn’t go to the interview. The original Frontier post jogged my toolbank memory. Were you the FO that called me and I called you Captain and you didn’t correct me? Call me back, I’ll call you a tool if you want.
Quote: Logbooks were overseas, as my base was. Didn’t and still don’t commute or travel with them. Stopped by a job fair enroute from MCO. The job fair was a pleasant surprise that I didn’t know was going on. Not lazy, I didn’t want to risk losing my logbooks. Situation fully disclosed prior to phone call. Thanks for the input. FO from CP office was a Tool. He probably has a koala painted on his Hyundai to match “his” A320.
I'll tell you what I find suspicious and potentially tool worthy... your apparent disdain for a mere, lowly, mortal FO calling you from a company you expressed interest in and asking some very reasonable questions about an applicant who doesn't "fit the norm". I guess I have to wonder how you would live with yourself if you somehow made it through the interview and landed a job there as an FO. The self-loathing every time you saw those three stripes could be crushing.
I think he was frustrated with the guy misrepresenting himself and calling him suspicious at the same time. Not so much the fact that he holds no respect for FO’s.

Why are people so quick to jump at each others throats in here? Some of you are about as vexatious as ex-spouses.
Quote: I think he was frustrated with the guy misrepresenting himself and calling him suspicious at the same time. Not so much the fact that he holds no respect for FO’s.

Why are people so quick to jump at each others throats in here? Some of you are about as vexatious as ex-spouses.
I must have missed where the person calling from Frontier misrepresented thenself.
Quote: I must have missed where the person calling from Frontier misrepresented thenself.
And I always correct passengers that I greet after each flight when they call me, "Captain." Its what all FOs should do. It puts people in their correct place.
/SARC (for those who might take this the wrong way.}
Quote: I must have missed where the person calling from Frontier misrepresented thenself.
Yes, you did. Perhaps rereading the last few pages will help. For future reference, please refrain from commenting on posts you know nothing about. Thanks in advance.
Quote: Yes, you did. Perhaps rereading the last few pages will help. For future reference, please refrain from commenting on posts you know nothing about. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, ok chief.

Then I guess you can put me down as another piece of misrepresenting scum because it would be exhausting to correct every passenger, cashier, Starbucks barista, Subway sandwich artist, van driver, gate agent, hotel staff, hotel guest, aircraft cleaner, caterer and ramper who see stripes on someone's sleeve and toss out a friendly "Morning Cap'!" or "How you doin' today Cap'?"
Quote: So after the “surprise” job fair they called you for an interview to take place when? You’re telling us you weren’t going home at any point between the job fair and the scheduled interview to get your logs? And you weren’t able to schedule an interview date that would allow you to go get them?

Further, if you’re interested in a company, job fairs for that company aren’t a surprise. People that really want to work there know when and where these fairs take place and come prepared. If it was a surprise you obviously are indifferent about working there.
Going home for my logbook meant a 2 continent commute. Some of us were still furloughed in 2014. It was a pleasant surprise Captain Koala. FAPA was good enough to have a job fair that I wasn’t aware of. Sometimes you can get “out of the loop” being far from the US. I decided to buy a blazer at H&M and made a pit stop. I’m not “suspicious”. I’m an honest, hard working aviator with no skeletons in my closet that wanted to come home and be closer to what was left of my family. Cheers and clear skies.
149  649  1049  1099  1139  1145  1146  1147  1148  1149  1150  1151  1152  1153  1159  1199 
Page 1149 of 1239
Go to