Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Holy balls, of all the places I thought that post was gonna go, that was NOT one of them. I mean that's tragically stupid, but also solid gold as a story to have.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

That story is funny right there!
Old 03-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2017

He was f*cking with you....and that’s hilarious.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

I guess the real check of his attitude would be by his reaction when you give him a set of Shuttle America plastic wings.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by CafeConLeche View Post
This happened a few years back.

I nominate the United Captain who sat next to me on my DH. He says hi and puts his bags in the overhead then proceeds to sit down. Then leans forward to take a look at my wings and asks "What's Shuttle America?" I say we're a regional airline and operates on behalf of United and Delta flying the Emb 170. He says "Oh, so when are you due to upgrade?" I tell him probably another year. He says "I don't want this to sound douchey, but I'm in the prime of my career and making great money". I told him, while cracking a smile, yeah that's pretty douchey. He laughs.

He goes on to tell me United is hiring and that I should put my resume in because they'er a great company to work for. I'm trying to exit the conversation at this point because he obviously is completely out of touch with the regional world and out of the corner of my eye I see him reaching into his blazer.

He pulls out a pair of those United Junior Pilot gold wings and a 767 baseball type card that has the aircraft info on it. Then taps me on the shoulder and says "Here you go."

At this point I am at a complete loss for words and keep quite the rest of the flight. Now I don't know if he was ****ing with me or really that clueless. To this day I get a kick out of it and picture him passing wings out to other regional guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened
Old 03-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
You gonna close down this thread and give yourself the last word to defend Trump too?

That leads me to our next nomination!
That would be you.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by vessbot View Post
I guess the real check of his attitude would be by his reaction when you give him a set of Shuttle America plastic wings.
You’re referring to the ones the company issued them to wear, right?
Old 03-16-2019, 12:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by CafeConLeche View Post
This happened a few years back.

I nominate the United Captain who sat next to me on my DH. He says hi and puts his bags in the overhead then proceeds to sit down. Then leans forward to take a look at my wings and asks "What's Shuttle America?" I say we're a regional airline and operates on behalf of United and Delta flying the Emb 170. He says "Oh, so when are you due to upgrade?" I tell him probably another year. He says "I don't want this to sound douchey, but I'm in the prime of my career and making great money". I told him, while cracking a smile, yeah that's pretty douchey. He laughs.

He goes on to tell me United is hiring and that I should put my resume in because they'er a great company to work for. I'm trying to exit the conversation at this point because he obviously is completely out of touch with the regional world and out of the corner of my eye I see him reaching into his blazer.

He pulls out a pair of those United Junior Pilot gold wings and a 767 baseball type card that has the aircraft info on it. Then taps me on the shoulder and says "Here you go."

At this point I am at a complete loss for words and keep quite the rest of the flight. Now I don't know if he was ****ing with me or really that clueless. To this day I get a kick out of it and picture him passing wings out to other regional guys.

Dude,

Your post just reeks of complete bullsh*t. Don’t believe that happened at all. I think you’re just mad st United for some reason, and this little yarn just makes you feel better. Consider yourself called out.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: to-go plate at hotel buffet

I nominate Inside Edition for getting Duke Silver out of retirement to fly a 737 simulator. He was there to show everyone what the Ethiopian pilots may have experienced right before they crashed.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
Dude,

Your post just reeks of complete bullsh*t. Don’t believe that happened at all. I think you’re just mad st United for some reason, and this little yarn just makes you feel better. Consider yourself called out.
Hey who knows... the tale may become an urban legend