Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Had a Frontier captain JS with us recently. He waited for a good time to get our attention and not interrupt anything. Starts with the usual "Captain, I'm so and so... " shakes his hand. I turn to greet him as well, but he doesn't even once look at me, acknowledge my presence, or anything. Had me thinking you're one of those people I've read about. Hey man, FOs are people too lol
Old 03-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Taco280AI View Post
Had a Frontier captain JS with us recently. He waited for a good time to get our attention and not interrupt anything. Starts with the usual "Captain, I'm so and so... " shakes his hand. I turn to greet him as well, but he doesn't even once look at me, acknowledge my presence, or anything. Had me thinking you're one of those people I've read about. Hey man, FOs are people too lol
Thats happened to me enough that I almost don’t even turn around for off line JSers.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

That’s why as a Captain you introduce the FO to the jumpseater.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: Autobús

Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
Dude,

Your post just reeks of complete bullsh*t. Don’t believe that happened at all. I think you’re just mad st United for some reason, and this little yarn just makes you feel better. Consider yourself called out.
Nope, this actually happened. And thanks I’ll consider myself called out. What happened has nothing to do with United except for the fact he was a United captain. I’m sorry you took this as a United bashing story because that’s not what it was. Every company has their old balls and this guy happened to be one that day. Come on over maybe a hug will make you feel better.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by CafeConLeche View Post
Nope, this actually happened. And thanks I’ll consider myself called out. What happened has nothing to do with United except for the fact he was a United captain. I’m sorry you took this as a United bashing story because that’s not what it was. Every company has their old balls and this guy happened to be one that day. Come on over maybe a hug will make you feel better.
It’s not exactly unheard of for some clueless mainline pilot to be extraordinary condescending to a regional pilot. I certainly encountered that a time or two.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:40 PM
On Guard!

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
It’s not exactly unheard of for some clueless mainline pilot to be extraordinary condescending to a regional pilot. I certainly encountered that a time or two.
Yeah... I’ve met maineline guys who had never heard of their WO regionals by name. Who will complain two minutes later how the express carrier is stealing their job security.

But it’s an extreme minority of the population so there is that.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by butthert View Post
I saw a great one the other day leaving the airport. Pilot was driving his BMW with the windows down blaring music and still wearing his hat, raybans and blazer.
I love my job.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Yeah... I’ve met maineline guys who had never heard of their WO regionals by name.
Sky-Envoy-PS-Go-Mesa-blah-blah-blah

In the end, just about every pilot there is going to eventually be working for one of the big ones, so who really cares.
"Thanks for flying Delta, American, United.........have a nice day."
Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: 737, ALL of the seats

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
"Thanks for flying Delta, American, United.........have a nice day."
Hmm. I think you’re missing one...what are we? jetBlue?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Taco280AI View Post
That annoy me just as much as when, after introducing myself to the CA and asking for a ride. I'll turn to the FO to shake his/her hand but they never turn around to acknowledge that I'm there.