Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 03-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Rahlifer View Post
I nominate the mainline CA that felt the need to explain to me his glorious plan to solve the RJ problem. Basically RJ captains should agree to a 50% pay cut in exchange for a preferential interview at the Major along with rj flying brought to mainline. If selected for a position at the major, I would have a choice of keeping my rj seat at the appropriate mainline pay scale or a permanent seat lock as a narrow body FO.

It’s “something I should really think about, because it’s better than anything I could hope for at my current job”. I honestly have no clue if he was just ****ing with me to get a rise outta me or if he was dead serious. I’m pretty good at tuning out all the vacuous ****heads I encounter every day, but we were both deadheading on the same flight and jockeying for position in the boarding area.🙄🙄
Recemmond that he and his colleagues take a pay cut and bring the regional pilots to parity. That’ll shut his pie hole.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
Interesting take from someone with your screen name.
Huh? I’ve come to accept that I’m a regional lifer. I’m not going to expend energy complaining about life being unfair or other nonsense. I just found his lecture to be very condescending. Like I don’t already know that the worst day at a major is better than the best day at a regional.

His argument was that I should be happy to accept a huge pay cut to keep my current job in exchange for a small chance to be a permanent rj pilot on his list or a permanent NB FO. Of course a mainline FO position is better than an RJ CA position, but what happens to the schmucks that don’t get selected? Finish off the career at an even lousier pay scale than already exists?

Last edited by Rahlifer; 03-20-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

I agree with your opinion and would be upset too.

On the other hand I just can’t go along with being a republic lifer in the current hiring boom. Unless you are over 60 and just putting in the time there isn’t a reason to stay.

Best of luck to you regardless.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006

How about the San Antonio city council from banning Chik-Fil-A from the airport.

https://www.ajc.com/news/san-antonio...iC8daT0uDVtlK/
Old 03-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Slaphappy View Post
How about the San Antonio city council from banning Chik-Fil-A from the airport.

https://www.ajc.com/news/san-antonio...iC8daT0uDVtlK/
The airport is a 7 day a week operation, chick fil a is not. That space should be used for a restaurant that will provide services 7 days a week.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by RustyChain View Post
The airport is a 7 day a week operation, chick fil a is not. That space should be used for a restaurant that will provide services 7 days a week.
That’s a silly statement. They are not paying rent for 6 days out of the weeek. Meanwhile the city will lose close to 2 mil on generated taxes.

It’s pure political. SAT is on a fast track to be next sfo, city is ran by extreme progressives.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006

It has nothing to do with that. SAT said their reason was because chikfila doesn't bend the knee.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Slaphappy View Post
It has nothing to do with that. SAT said their reason was because chikfila doesn't bend the knee.
oh the bend the knee. Just not to any mere mortal.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by ULLI View Post
That’s a silly statement. They are not paying rent for 6 days out of the weeek. Meanwhile the city will lose close to 2 mil on generated taxes.

It’s pure political. SAT is on a fast track to be next sfo, city is ran by extreme progressives.
It's not a silly statement. I know the rent is the same, but they dont fill the need of a 7 day operation. I realize its probably has nothing to do with that and it's a political decision.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

It's not a silly statement. I know the rent is the same, but they dont fill the need of a 7 day operation. I realize its probably has nothing to do with that and it's a political decision.
It is political and it sucks for the employees/passengers because they offer a great product with reasonable prices. Lots of airports have chick fil a, and on sundays there are plenty of alternates.