Tool of the day

Subscribe
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217  617  1117 
Page 117 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Well, one fine winter night I was post flighting the Jalopy and what do I see? The ramper is using the gear pin to hack blue ice off the lav truck hose
So yeah, I use white latex gloves when I got to touch those things.

About the "taking pictures while your wife is getting attacked by a cheetah" story, how long do you stay in the dog house for something like that?

Dog house? I was thinking more along the lines of castration.
Quote: TOTD-----pilots who come on aviation boards and bash FAs for being "cat ranchers, old, fat and ugly." Which one of you wants to be the first to post a picture of yourself so the rest of us can judge and insult you? Also, for those of you harboring such disdain for your FAs, do you have the cajones to tell them to their faces?
Lighten up dude. I married one and she's hot. The FA joke is DAL thing.
Anyone else notice how many tools the TOTD thread attracts? Interesting.
Quote: TOTD-----pilots who come on aviation boards and bash FAs for being "cat ranchers, old, fat and ugly." Which one of you wants to be the first to post a picture of yourself so the rest of us can judge and insult you? Also, for those of you harboring such disdain for your FAs, do you have the cajones to tell them to their faces?
I for one don't, if I was that tough in real life I wouldn't have to visit these web boards to exert my manliness.
Quote: Anyone else notice how many tools the TOTD thread attracts? Interesting.
I think there may be alot of "self-awareness" popping up on this thread.
I include myself in that.
Just trying to figure our how many runway centerline lights I need to miss on my next takeoff roll as to not get the branded a tool.

Very entertaining to say the least.
Quote: Well, one fine winter night I was post flighting the Jalopy and what do I see? The ramper is using the gear pin to hack blue ice off the lav truck hose
So yeah, I use white latex gloves when I got to touch those things.

About the "taking pictures while your wife is getting attacked by a cheetah" story, how long do you stay in the dog house for something like that?
I wear white latex gloves also when it is the first flight of the day and I have to remove the gear pins. Some of them can be caked in grease and who knows what. It's easier to don the gloves than scrub the grease off my hands in the lav. However, I think SWA may be one of the few airlines that uses the gear pins every night.
Quote: I for one don't, if I was that tough in real life I wouldn't have to visit these web boards to exert my manliness.
fb has one, why don't we?
Quote: However, I think SWA may be one of the few airlines that uses the gear pins every night.
I think you might be alone. I'm amazed you do this. What's the purpose?
Quote: I wear white latex gloves also when it is the first flight of the day and I have to remove the gear pins. Some of them can be caked in grease and who knows what. It's easier to don the gloves than scrub the grease off my hands in the lav. However, I think SWA may be one of the few airlines that uses the gear pins every night.
My company pins the gear when mechanics are taxiing to and from the hangar. However, maintenance installs and removes them as a logbook entry is required every time.

At my old company, on the Saab, part of our morning security check was to check inside the wheel wells. There's a chain inside the main gear to open one of the doors on the ground. You had to reach up inside and feel around for it. You bet I work latex gloves on my walk around. That grease didn't come off easily and the Saab didn't have running water.
Quote: About the "taking pictures while your wife is getting attacked by a cheetah" story, how long do you stay in the dog house for something like that?
Depends who won the fight.
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217  617  1117 
Page 117 of 1239
Go to