Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Rerouted On Weekends

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 717A

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
You guys should try getting into the virtual airline world. It's a blast, you get the right PC and aircraft software then you said up your own personal parameters to get scheduled to fly.

Plenty of resources available for initial help. I programmed in 1000 hours of vacation time each year. Happiest airline experience I've ever had.
I won't do it unless I get weekends off and crew meals.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
You guys should try getting into the virtual airline world. It's a blast, you get the right PC and aircraft software then you said up your own personal parameters to get scheduled to fly.

Plenty of resources available for initial help. I programmed in 1000 hours of vacation time each year. Happiest airline experience I've ever had.
Started my own Virtual Airline! It’s called “Fare Air.” Started ourt strong and then the economy went south. I forced my pilots to take concessions and itmgot ugly. They started leaving for my friends virtual airline: “Better Airlines.” I had no choice but to keep junior manning my pilots into off days. I canceled 400 flights/day and was a sinking ship. Then my friends virtual airline offered me a capacity purchase agreement and saved the day. I had to lower wages and grate employees poorly to make sure I stayed competitive. I am now “Fare Air” dba “Better Air Expresstion”
Old 04-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Fit4Doody View Post
Started my own Virtual Airline! It’s called “Fare Air.” Started ourt strong and then the economy went south. I forced my pilots to take concessions and itmgot ugly. They started leaving for my friends virtual airline: “Better Airlines.” I had no choice but to keep junior manning my pilots into off days. I canceled 400 flights/day and was a sinking ship. Then my friends virtual airline offered me a capacity purchase agreement and saved the day. I had to lower wages and grate employees poorly to make sure I stayed competitive. I am now “Fare Air” dba “Better Air Expresstion”
I nominate myself for Virtual tool of the day.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Fit4Doody View Post
I nominate myself for Virtual tool of the day.
My wife disagrees. I'm a contender everyday.

Last edited by Dolphinflyer; 04-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

On the virtual APC in my VA, all the posts are informative and constructive.

Turns out the world that seems real to us is actually the Spock with a beard world.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Upright

It’s ALL just one big simulation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-10/mit-professor-more-likely-we-are-simulation-not
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by cactusflyer View Post
I'd like to nominate the regional FO I saw sitting in the crew room (presumably on airport reserve) who had his laptop and joystick set up, and was doing a MS Flight Simulator version of one of the routes we do in the real world.

Making it even weirder, I'm pretty sure he was doing this for a "virtual airline", so he was simulating being at work, while he was actually being paid to sit and do nothing at work.
That's a nerd, not a tool. JMHO
Old 04-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

I nominate the obnoxious and rude Southwest captain on the MCO employee bus this morning. He decided that he could not fit his out of shape self and his 3 bags on the bus so he decided to yell at the top of his lungs for everyone to get "out of his way!" "move!!"
You should have seen the reactions of the folks trying to start off their day in peace and quiet. (including myself)
Very rude and disrespectful and definitely not becoming of a professional.
My suggestion for next time - wait for the next bus
Old 04-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: 737, ALL of the seats

Originally Posted by lowcountryflyer View Post
I nominate the obnoxious and rude Southwest captain on the MCO employee bus this morning. He decided that he could not fit his out of shape self and his 3 bags on the bus so he decided to yell at the top of his lungs for everyone to get "out of his way!" "move!!"
You should have seen the reactions of the folks trying to start off their day in peace and quiet. (including myself)
Very rude and disrespectful and definitely not becoming of a professional.
My suggestion for next time - wait for the next bus
I think you must be mistaken. Are you sure it wasn’t a Spirit or Frontier pilot?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Gary Kelly View Post
I think you must be mistaken. Are you sure it wasn’t a Spirit or Frontier pilot?
Not paid enough to get obese...