Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2011

That is just when you say he is a RDP.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Shadre Reevis View Post
Is it really a difficult concept? In the customer service world sometimes you have to apologize for a customer’s bad experience, even if it was caused by your counterpart/coworker/employee’s behavior and not your own.

And I prefer to deescalate, not create drama in uniform in front of passengers..
Seems the drama was already created. And if it were your child, friend, co-worker?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
umm, maybe because he is another pilot and is embarrassed for his profession after that display?
Ummm like enabling? Might as well as condone such behavior.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Ummm like enabling? Might as well as condone such behavior.
cool story bro
Old 04-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Seems the drama was already created. And if it were your child, friend, co-worker?
My child? Seriously? If you have to stray that far from the original conversation in order to sound correct, maybe it's time to re-examine your original position.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Shadre Reevis View Post
My child? Seriously? If you have to stray that far from the original conversation in order to sound correct, maybe it's time to re-examine your original position.
So you’re OK with not saying anything to the perpetrator in question. Your OK, with the witness to the affair, cow-towing and begging for forgiveness of a transgression performed by another individual in uniform? What if the perp were a cop? That a better analogy for you than a child? By the way, the witness never stated he was also a DAL crewmember. Who knows, maybe they’re trying to get on with DAL.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

So you’re OK with not saying anything to the perpetrator in question. Your OK, with the witness to the affair, cow-towing and begging for forgiveness from a person in an airline uniform. The individual never stated if the perp was from their company.
Maybe by acknowledging the ridiculous situation and apologizing that the offended individual went through it, ole shadre reevis (might be young, don’t know, just sounds good with an ole in front of it) was just being a decent human. Also, more than likely, despite the lack of the extra gold buttons their uniforms probably appear quite similar. So the reaction was completely understandable. Shadre reevis’s reaction, not yours, if you were confused. I’m pretty sure by apologizing it was made pretty clear they weren’t ok with the behavior.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
Maybe by acknowledging the ridiculous situation and apologizing that the offended individual went through it, ole shadre reevis (might be young, don’t know, just sounds good with an ole in front of it) was just being a decent human. Also, more than likely, despite the lack of the extra gold buttons their uniforms probably appear quite similar. So the reaction was completely understandable. Shadre reevis’s reaction, not yours, if you were confused. I’m pretty sure by apologizing it was made pretty clear they weren’t ok with the behavior.
Not confused, nor accepting of poor behavior. You’re right... the OP concerning this issue may be new to the 121 world, not wanting to rock the boat.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2015

I nominate JNS for tool of the century.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Immortan Joe View Post
I nominate JNS for tool of the century.
Your nomination lacks originality. That said, I don’t want to take that honor bestowed upon you.

Last edited by captjns; 04-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.