Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Its funny how so many who post on here have such a low opinion of those they work with and their respective airlines but such high opinions of themselves. Perhaps those thinking everyone else is a tool should look in the mirror.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Its funny how so many who post on here have such a low opinion of those they work with and their respective airlines but such high opinions of themselves. Perhaps those thinking everyone else is a tool should look in the mirror.
Oh I agree.........I see a hammer in the mirror every morning, oh wait I mean hammered
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Oh jeeze sailing, lighten up The original poster even called himself a tool for starting the thread. It's just for fun. I have another one by the way:

The Captain I flew with when I was at my previous airline job that told me he had started "his own business". I said "oh what kind of business is it?" Then I ended up having to hear his entire lecture, including diagrams and demonstrations that was all part of a pyramid scheme (literally an hour!) on stickers that make pain go away, make you super strong, or have good dreams among other silly claims, while he tried to get me to not only buy them (for only about $50 for 4 stickers!!) but also become a seller too. Which, by the way, he did not come up with on his own, he simply "started his own business" by being sold into it by someone else (as those schemes go)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

^^Irony at it's finest!^^

Pot meet kettle!

GJ
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Brocc15 View Post
Oh jeeze sailing, lighten up The original poster even called himself a tool for starting the thread. It's just for fun. I have another one by the way:

The Captain I flew with when I was at my previous airline job that told me he had started "his own business". I said "oh what kind of business is it?" Then I ended up having to hear his entire lecture, including diagrams and demonstrations that was all part of a pyramid scheme (literally an hour!) on stickers that make pain go away, make you super strong, or have good dreams among other silly claims, while he tried to get me to not only buy them (for only about $50 for 4 stickers!!) but also become a seller too. Which, by the way, he did not come up with on his own, he simply "started his own business" by being sold into it by someone else (as those schemes go)
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by NERD View Post
I will nominate myself as the first for starting this.
Good form!

Originally Posted by FlyJSH View Post
I just say, "Yes, as a member of the Lakota nation, I agree."

That usually shuts them down.
I usually say, "easy there Tonto, I wasn't talking about you...we stole this land fair and square!" That usually get the conversation going good...
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Great show!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Brocc15 View Post

Ahh yesss... Captain Amway... Bose Head Set... "Recall Action Items" Intercom Switch to "OFF"
Old 04-17-2012, 05:01 PM
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Well, there you have it! Today's tool! (And I didn't even have to look very far)!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I think there's a lot of guys here that can do without More Bacon.
lol i see what you did there.