Tool of the day

Subscribe
223  723  1123  1173  1213  1219  1220  1221  1222  1223  1224  1225  1226  1227  1233 
Page 1223 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Wow. And Delta signed off on this.

Seriously. Who watches this garbage? All of this crap, reality shows, Bachelorette, Kardashians, etc. It’s all scripted stupid ‘reality’ shows. What kind of person finds this good? Why can’t kids watch the History channel, Discovery, National Geographic, anything like that?
Have you seen the programming on history and discovery channel lately? Nothing but reality trash there as well.
Quote: Have you seen the programming on history and discovery channel lately? Nothing but reality trash there as well.
Ah that sucks
I grew up watching stuff like that and learning interesting things. Now TV has turned to absolute trash. Crap like MTV playing a show called teenage mom. Seriously?
Quote: Why do so many pilots wear the job as an identity. It’s what you do not who you are. It’s a job. Face palm
That is exactly my feeling about what we do for work. My friends and sisters don’t understand why I don’t boast about what I do for a living. If it comes up in conversation with someone I don’t know, I say I travel for work, if it’s pertinent to the discussion.

To some, it’s their entire identity.
Quote:

Seriously. Who listens to this garbage? All of this crap, rock shows, LED zeppelin, Rolling Stones, etc. It’s all mindless stupid distorted noise. What kind of person finds this good? Why can’t kids listen to Benny Goodman, Cab Calloway, Earl Hines, anything like that?
Fixed this quote for you. Damned kids are so stupid.
Quote: Fixed this quote for you. Damned kids are so stupid.
Gotta walk it back farther than that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I0poZE5w6E

Rolling up their jeans, slicking their hair back, DAMN KIDS!!!!
No, because that's actually music and in itself like an art form. I can appreciate music throughout history. But come on, you can't think something like 'teenage mom' is a good show.
Quote: Anecdotal stories are true. We all have them. Listen. There’s always going to be more white males at the airlines and except for nursing and teaching, everywhere else too.

Based on my observations at the airlines, women and minorities get the interviews first. Not necessarily the job. But the interviews.
Interviews lead to the job.
Quote: In all honesty......the dude is young, has a great job, and is probably having a great time. He also probably was told by the producers AND somebody at DAL that this is fantastic stuff.

Side note......I kinda love that the SkyWest dude got sent home right away.
I was secretly hoping the Skywest dude would hang out with DAL guy a bunch and then ask for a LOR at Delta.
Quote: Have you seen the programming on history and discovery channel lately? Nothing but reality trash there as well.
Just stick with PBS and HBO. They’ve served me well for a decade.
Quote: I was secretly hoping the Skywest dude would hang out with DAL guy a bunch and then ask for a LOR at Delta.
I flew with the SKW guy, actually great dude, very nice and humble. He progressed far and fast, at a young age. The TV thing was just a lark for him.
223  723  1123  1173  1213  1219  1220  1221  1222  1223  1224  1225  1226  1227  1233 
Page 1223 of 1239
Go to