Tool of the day

Subscribe
226  726  1126  1176  1216  1222  1223  1224  1225  1226  1227  1228  1229  1230  1236 
Page 1226 of 1239
Go to
Quote: The gear up call makes me cringe. As if the fo doesn’t know where the gear handle is, and which way up is.
Another youngster trying to recreate the wheel.
Quote: You’re right, I hadn’t noticed the fo reaching before the gear up call. But the captain basically pointing to the handle, and doing the thumbs up motion as if to indicate which way the handle should go, is toolish in my opinion.
And yes, I was calling out the captain not the fo.
Yeah my bad my nomination is now rescinded 😳 I didn't even notice dude give the thumbs up
“We have saved the aircraft”
And he’s the only one wearing stripes in the sim....tool.
Is it a journo on the right seat?
Gotta agree with the TOTD for the overacting, sunglasses and especially the mullet, but in his defense the thumbs up with the "Gear Up" call was a required signal in MAC ( Mobility Airlift Command for you young'ns), as was a thumbs down with the "Gear Down" call.
Primacy of training kept in his habit patterns?
Quote: Gotta agree with the TOTD for the overacting, sunglasses and especially the mullet, but in his defense the thumbs up with the "Gear Up" call was a required signal in MAC ( Mobility Airlift Command for you young'ns), as was a thumbs down with the "Gear Down" call.
Primacy of training kept in his habit patterns?
Meh. I don’t do a bcgump checklist on final in an airbus.
I was recently in the Jumpseat with a guy who did the same thing. Also touched the flap handle as he called for flaps, and would point to the altitude knob when hand flying and requesting a change, etc... Annoying even as a jumpseater.
Quote: Meh. I don’t do a bcgump checklist on final in an airbus.
I was recently in the Jumpseat with a guy who did the same thing. Also touched the flap handle as he called for flaps, and would point to the altitude knob when hand flying and requesting a change, etc... Annoying even as a jumpseater.
People like that are usually insecure with their OWN skills, and that causes them to be overly cautious when trusting others to be competent. Don’t take it personally, and this job gets a lot easier.

It’s also VERY possible that at some point he screwed the pooch and quirks like this keep him honest now.
Quote: Meh. I don’t do a bcgump checklist on final in an airbus.
Our company procedure is to point to the new altitude in the preselect.
Quote: Our company procedure is to point to the new altitude in the preselect.
I’m saying pointing at the knob before the new altitide is set. Atc gives new clearance, pm responds, hand flying pf points to knob and asks for newly cleared altitide to be set.
I have been in the Jumpseat with probably your company that does the point to verify new preselected altitude. I figured that’s procedure.

Not saying all this is TOTD worthy. Was just pointing out the capt in the video did one of them that made me cringe. Things that are annoying in my opinion.
You can always tell the guys that have only flown quiet airplanes.
Quote: You can always tell the guys that have only flown quiet airplanes.

Yep. Kinda surprising the number of pilots who were offended by, or didn't even know about the gear-up hand signal. I always thought that was something everyone knew about. I guess that's a reflection on my background.
226  726  1126  1176  1216  1222  1223  1224  1225  1226  1227  1228  1229  1230  1236 
Page 1226 of 1239
Go to