Tool of the day

Subscribe
236  736  1136  1186  1226  1232  1233  1234  1235  1236  1237  1238  1239 
Page 1236 of 1239
Go to
I don't know who needs to hear this, but if we just met for the first time in the hotel lobby and you explain all of your political opinions to me before we even get to the aircraft, then you're a TOOL. In fact, even if you WAIT until we get to the aircraft, you're STILL A TOOL.

I don't CARE what you think or believe. I'm quite sure you don't care what I THINK or believe.

Just ZIP IT.

Quote: I don't know who needs to hear this, but if we just met for the first time in the hotel lobby and you explain all of your political opinions to me before we even get to the aircraft, then you're a TOOL. In fact, even if you WAIT until we get to the aircraft, you're STILL A TOOL.

I don't CARE what you think or believe. I'm quite sure you don't care what I THINK or believe.

Just ZIP IT

Absolutely fantastic post.
Quote: I don't know who needs to hear this, but if we just met for the first time in the hotel lobby and you explain all of your political opinions to me before we even get to the aircraft, then you're a TOOL. In fact, even if you WAIT until we get to the aircraft, you're STILL A TOOL.

Just ZIP IT.

If you want to talk politics, feel the other guy/girl out gently to see if they're interested.

If they have visible partisan political bling on their gear, don't go there unless you display the same bling
Quote: If you want to talk politics, feel the other guy/girl out gently to see if they're interested.
I totally get what you mean and even agree. Still, that’s the sort of lead-in line that will get you in trouble in these ‘woke’ days.

Who cares? What's the point?
If they agree with you, you'll just do the "we're so right" weeny rub.
If they don't, neither one of you is going to sway the other and you either spend the rest of the flight looking out the side or just agree to disagree.

Regardless of which scenario plays out, nothing changes - so why go there in the first place. Fly the airplane, get from A to B and talk flying or something else simple that you have in common.
Pilots are a conservative bunch for the most part. Like Rick said, I usually feel the other guy out a bit before making a comment and then I find they're open to discussing the election and what's happening in the world.
Quote: Pilots are a conservative bunch for the most part. Like Rick said, I usually feel the other guy out a bit before making a comment and then I find they're open to discussing the election and what's happening in the world.
I think this is a good summary. Good way to approach it.
is there a tool of the century thread?
A UA guy posted yesterday that he wanted to discuss the bottom 3900 pilots not being allowed to vote on the furlough mitigation TA because their point of view was skewed. They would force the other pilots to take a pay cut.

Dead serious.
Bump

filler
I'll be a tool today because I'm just posting to meet my minimums to make actual posts
236  736  1136  1186  1226  1232  1233  1234  1235  1236  1237  1238  1239 
Page 1236 of 1239
Go to