Tool of the day

Subscribe
238  738  1138  1188  1228  1234  1235  1236  1237  1238  1239 
Page 1238 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Too many folks getting their knickers in a twist for no reason. The sky is not falling on your career. It’s rather paranoid, for the Entitleds, to think that raising the retirement age is going to affect their progressions. What do you think the percentage of those over sixty continue to age 65? Think about the percentages of those who make it to 65 who want to continue beyond. Consider the number of those who don’t make it through career day, or medical out. I’d wage those number are great than the number who want to carry on beyond age 65.

Australia and New Zealand have no age limit.
Tell Captain Howe to come on over to Netjets. We're hiring and we've got more than 200 pilots over the age of 65. We even have a couple gummers in their 80's. What could go wrong?
Quote: Tell Captain Howe to come on over to Netjets. We're hiring and we've got more than 200 pilots over the age of 65. We even have a couple gummers in their 80's. What could go wrong?
Impressive when you think about it really. By 50, had my fill. Took another 5 to make it so. Miss the action occasionally, never the job. Different strokes for different tools. Tick-tock
Quote: Impressive when you think about it really. By 50, had my fill. Took another 5 to make it so. Miss the action occasionally, never the job. Different strokes for different tools. Tick-tock
My wife has orders to shoot me if I try to fly past 65.
Quote: Too many folks getting their knickers in a twist for no reason. The sky is not falling on your career. It’s rather paranoid, for the Entitleds, to think that raising the retirement age is going to affect their progressions. What do you think the percentage of those over sixty continue to age 65? Think about the percentages of those who make it to 65 who want to continue beyond. Consider the number of those who don’t make it through career day, or medical out. I’d wage those number are great than the number who want to carry on beyond age 65.

Australia and New Zealand have no age limit.
I would say at least 80% go to beyond 60 and closer to 65!
Cape Air is catering to over 65 with some type of "Silver (or maybe Grey) Eagles program. Many fractionals and 135's are scooping up over 65 because they can't get enough younger pilots. Not so much at NetJets and FlexJet but the smaller companies with less pay and benefits.

At NetJets I flew with some great over 65 pilots. But a percentage of them don't stick around when the reality of having to load bags, stock the jet, and clean the jet hits them.
Quote: Cape Air is catering to over 65 with some type of "Silver (or maybe Grey) Eagles program. Many fractionals and 135's are scooping up over 65 because they can't get enough younger pilots. Not so much at NetJets and FlexJet but the smaller companies with less pay and benefits.

At NetJets I flew with some great over 65 pilots. But a percentage of them don't stick around when the reality of having to load bags, stock the jet, and clean the jet hits them.
Some of 121 >65s I know don't have a clue how to flight plan or file one any longer.
Quote: Some of 121 >65s I know don't have a clue how to flight plan or file one any longer.
What is your estimate in % that can read the winds aloft?
Quote: Some of 121 >65s I know don't have a clue how to flight plan or file one any longer.
I was one of those. NetJets has a great Dispatch Department. Once or twice when dispatch was down we had to file one from a sample we carried around. Prior to NetJets I don't think I filed a flight plan since my USAF Pilot Training in the early 1980's. I've always had either a Navigator or Dispatcher to do that.
Quote: 3367768[/url]]Tell Captain Howe to come on over to Netjets. We're hiring and we've got more than 200 pilots over the age of 65. We even have a couple gummers in their 80's. What could go wrong?
Any info on what the average age of all the new hires was for the last year? I’ve been given the impression NetJets is hiring some rather young pilots.
238  738  1138  1188  1228  1234  1235  1236  1237  1238  1239 
Page 1238 of 1239
Go to