Tool of the day

Subscribe
47  97  137  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  157  197  247  647  1147 
Page 147 of 1239
Go to
Quote: My wife and daughter (lap child) were going to get the last open seat on a flight home. At the last min a pilot walks up and requests the jumpseat.

As the gate agent is listing him he changes his mind and asks if there are any open seats in the back. The agent says that there is one but she is trying to get more people on. He decides that he doesn't want to sit in the jumpseat and wants the seat in the back, bumping my wife and kid.

You sir are a ...
I can't tell you how many times I used to see this happen, it made me sick. I always made a point to the gate agent that I would gladly ride up front if it meant anyone else could get on.
How about last week, when the RJ was oversold I got the jumpseat and a Fed walks up just before the flight is due to depart and bumps me.

I wouldn't mind losing a seat to a Fed if they booked it ahead of time as they have the right to. But walking up last minute tells me this was some jerk wanting to get home on an earlier flight.
Quote: How about last week, when the RJ was oversold I got the jumpseat and a Fed walks up just before the flight is due to depart and bumps me.

I wouldn't mind losing a seat to a Fed if they booked it ahead of time as they have the right to. But walking up last minute tells me this was some jerk wanting to get home on an earlier flight.

Within 20 minutes its Captains discretion. Show up earlier Mr. FAA
Quote: Within 20 minutes its Captains discretion. Show up earlier Mr. FAA
??????????
Quote: Within 20 minutes its Captains discretion. Show up earlier Mr. FAA
The FAA jealously safeguards it's jumpseat privileges. Can you spell emergency revocation?
Quote: The FAA jealously safeguards it's jumpseat privileges. Can you spell emergency revocation?
I was going to talk to him, but he went down the jetway to hide. The flight was delayed otherwise he wouldn't have gotten on.
Quote: The FAA jealously safeguards it's jumpseat privileges. Can you spell emergency revocation?
No they won't, but I can say you don't stick up for yourself, and are afraid of 2 yr olds.
Quote: I was going to talk to him, but he went down the jetway to hide. The flight was delayed otherwise he wouldn't have gotten on.
... and say what?
Quote: ... and say what?
how about, "Sir, the Jumpseat is already taken. Sorry." You and your cohorts know exactly how the game works, and making an "unofficial" power play to gauge the system for personal travel is just wrong! ( and you know it !)
He's gonna pull my tickets for following my companies procedures for jumpseating? Hahaha - Go ahead.
47  97  137  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  157  197  247  647  1147 
Page 147 of 1239
Go to