Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Woman Misses Flight Due to "Offensive" T-Shirt - Yahoo!

This lady
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

TOTD: Donald Pettit

After capturing the SpaceX capsule, signaling a faint heartbeat in the once great U.S. space program (albeit now fully commercialized), utters the monumental statement: ""Houston, station, it looks like we've got us a dragon by the tail." You could almost hear the "PING" of the spittoon in the back ground.
At least when Neil Armstrong screwed up his "One small step for man" line, he didn't sound like a tool.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by Plane Ramrod View Post
TOTD: Donald Pettit

After capturing the SpaceX capsule, signaling a faint heartbeat in the once great U.S. space program (albeit now fully commercialized), utters the monumental statement: ""Houston, station, it looks like we've got us a dragon by the tail." You could almost hear the "PING" of the spittoon in the back ground.
At least when Neil Armstrong screwed up his "One small step for man" line, he didn't sound like a tool.
How did Neil Armstrong screw up his one small step for a man line?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Side stick game boy.

Guy sitting at a window seat in Chili's overseeing his new MINI VAN out in the parking lot, using his key fob to set off the horn when people stand on the sidewalk near his precious mini van...TOOL!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
It was supposed to be "That's one small step for a man, and a giant leap for mankind."
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
It was supposed to be "That's one small step for a man, and a giant leap for mankind."
Huh....I always noticed the "a" in "in a man" was missing audibly, but figured it was the recording equipment. We learn something new every day!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I think he was going to say "YOU'RE ON GUARD!!!" but most schoolkids wouldn't get the reference.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Eats shoots and leaves...

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Didactic Synthetic Aviation Experience Provider

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think he was going to say "YOU'RE ON GUARD!!!" but most schoolkids wouldn't get the reference.
Bravo, nicely done!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Since we are talking about jumpseats...

Almost 5 years ago....

The Colgan Beech 1900 street captain who left me behind in BOS.

I was trying to go from BOS to BHB for a weekend camping trip with lots of beer, my buddies, and none of our wives. I list for the flight and grab a seat (the plane was not full..I believe it was maybe 14-15 folks.) As they are running numbers the CA looks back at me and says "sorry bud, looks like we are 300* pounds over, cant get you there today." I chuckled and settled back into my seat for the short flight. He is still looking over his shoulder at me and I have no idea why and he then says "hey..im serious, you have to get off." I looked at him and said "are you shi_ _ _ ng me?"

Needless to say..I was booted.

He is only a partial tool because overweight is overweight but who here hasnt found an extra few hundred pounds to get a fellow pilot where they are looking to go? VFR day..no alternate, not sure how he ended up overweight or why he had extra fuel onboard.

*Do not recall the weight but know it was negligible and under 500 #.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt View Post
Since we are talking about jumpseats...

Almost 5 years ago....

The Colgan Beech 1900 street captain who left me behind in BOS.

I was trying to go from BOS to BHB for a weekend camping trip with lots of beer, my buddies, and none of our wives. I list for the flight and grab a seat (the plane was not full..I believe it was maybe 14-15 folks.) As they are running numbers the CA looks back at me and says "sorry bud, looks like we are 300* pounds over, cant get you there today." I chuckled and settled back into my seat for the short flight. He is still looking over his shoulder at me and I have no idea why and he then says "hey..im serious, you have to get off." I looked at him and said "are you shi_ _ _ ng me?"

Needless to say..I was booted.

He is only a partial tool because overweight is overweight but who here hasnt found an extra few hundred pounds to get a fellow pilot where they are looking to go? VFR day..no alternate, not sure how he ended up overweight or why he had extra fuel onboard.

*Do not recall the weight but know it was negligible and under 500 #.