Tool of the day

Subscribe
120  170  210  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  230  270  320  720  1220 
Page 220 of 1239
Go to
A few years ago we had a mechanical issue at an outstation. A commuting 777 Captain for our mainline counterpart came storming down the aisle, demanding to know what the mx issue was. He even proceeded to interject his opinion that the write-up was trivial and we shouldn't be taking a delay. Fortunately, I was flying with a 20+ year guy who had no problem putting him in his place. Before tactfully telling him to sit down, he asked the commuter how he would react if one of us butted into his cockpit and started questioning his decisions.
Quote: A few years ago we had a mechanical issue at an outstation. A commuting 777 Captain for our mainline counterpart came storming down the aisle, demanding to know what the mx issue was. He even proceeded to interject his opinion that the write-up was trivial and we shouldn't be taking a delay. Fortunately, I was flying with a 20+ year guy who had no problem putting him in his place. Before tactfully telling him to sit down, he asked the commuter how he would react if one of us butted into his cockpit and started questioning his decisions.
I would personally value the opinion of the 777 captain over the opinion of some regional lifer.
Quote: I would personally value the opinion of the 777 captain over the opinion of some regional lifer.
Why? Because he flies a bigger airplane? Maybe the regional guy was an EX fighter pilot who started at a regional after serving 20+ yrs and decided QOL was better to stay at his regional then sit reserve for years on end.... Bottoms line, when you're hitching a ride the only words out of your mouth should be "may I" and "Thank you" unless prompted for more by the crew.
Quote: Why? Because he flies a bigger airplane? Maybe the regional guy was an EX fighter pilot who started at a regional after serving 20+ yrs and decided QOL was better to stay at his regional then sit reserve for years on end.... Bottoms line, when you're hitching a ride the only words out of your mouth should be "may I" and "Thank you" unless prompted for more by the crew.
Or "watch out for that mountain."
Quote: I would personally value the opinion of the 777 captain over the opinion of some regional lifer.
Let me guess. You commute out of LIT...
Quote: DCA Ground: ****, follow the E-170 holding short of 1-5.

Pi$$y **** Pilot: Follow what? A E-170, I don't know what that is, I've never flown one. So what do you want me to follow? An airplane holding short of 1-5? Which airplane holding short of 1-5?
DCA ground: "Roger that, hold your position." (begins moving all other traffic on frequency).....
Yeah, go with the word of a guy who in all likelihood, if he/she is a 777 CA doesn't hold a type on the airplane, know the operation, manuals or full story. Good call.
Quote: Or "watch out for that mountain."
Yeah, because guys flying bigger jets don't land on taxiways or overfly their destination airport or let burnt out light bulbs distract the entire crew and get in the way of flying the airplane while the plane crashes into the Everglades.

It has ZERO to do with what type or how big of an airplane you fly. I'm 777 type rated, does that mean my word is gospel and I know everything there is to know and I know how to manage a Saab or RJ cockpit better than a Saab or RJ captain?? Absolutely not, not by a long shot. In fact, I have no problem admitting that the Saab guy could probably fly circles around me; so if I'm in his airplane, unless there is something blatantly obvious that I can clearly see they are missing, I shut the frak up and let them run their cockpit and thank them for the ride.
I haven't read every post in this thread, so I'm sure there are other comments about the GUARD GESTAPO...

But here's a hearty "up-yours" to all the @$$-clowns jumping on every mistaken transmission on guard today up and down the east coast. It's like they sit with their transmit-select on the guard radio so they can be the first ones to jump on the poor guy/gal who mistakenly transmits on guard.

Get a life, tools.

Nominated for tool and douche of the day for this and all his other regional pilot remarks. What's your resume, Yeager?:roll eyes: Wait don't you work for Frontier? That's a regional....guess you can't fly your way out of a paper bag just like the rest of your regional boys you bash, since you say they all suck.
120  170  210  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  230  270  320  720  1220 
Page 220 of 1239
Go to