Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
TOTD; the guy who wears his chem warfare mask in the gym. Everyday. Like it's no big deal.
Oh, it's a big deal alright. We'll see who's a tool when the zombies/commies/aliens/superviruses come!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

I just came back from a long trip with a guy who only wanted to talk about two things;

1. Religion
2. Politics

I thought -everybody- knew those are the two subjects that are off limits in the cockpit...?

This guy's been around a long time, he's in his 60's, spent 20 years in the Navy and then 20 years at DL, he should know better.

Just sit over there and finish your crossword puzzle or suduko or what ever it is you were doing, before you got on your soapbox and started preaching. If you start talking about God again, I'm going to have to start talking about licking poosay again...and we know how that's going to end.

"Here, smell my fingers!"
Old 09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 777

Originally Posted by cactusmike View Post
TOTD, one of our own West crews in PHL tonight who needed to have clearance spell out every intersection and VOR on their reroute because they were too ignorant to know the identifiers for the freakin' routes we fly. After they cut us off on our own request for the reroute as we sat number one for T/O. Morons and an embarrassment to the family.
UMMM pottstown? What's dat? Then the 320 radial? Whatta hellz? Then it's S-A-A-R-A right?!

Ravine? We are gonna be looking for a ravine? It's IMC?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: B777/CA retired

Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
UMMM pottstown? What's dat? Then the 320 radial? Whatta hellz? Then it's S-A-A-R-A right?!

Ravine? We are gonna be looking for a ravine? It's IMC?
Were you listening last night? God, it was painful to hear.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by NorthRoader907 View Post
Tower controller who waits until I'm just about to the runway, then starts blathering away for two minutes, then won't clear me for immediate takeoff because there is a caravan on five mile final.
Then he waits until after you land and you are still doing over a 100kts and starts telling you to exit V2 join N and contact gnd on 121.7. Also he wants a immediate reply to the instructions all while you are trying to get the jet stopped and make the required PM cockpit calls. Really? he could not have told me on final plan a V2 exit from the RWY?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: E-175 CA

Originally Posted by HIFLYR View Post
Then he waits until after you land and you are still doing over a 100kts and starts telling you to exit V2 join N and contact gnd on 121.7. Also he wants a immediate reply to the instructions all while you are trying to get the jet stopped and make the required PM cockpit calls. Really? he could not have told me on final plan a V2 exit from the RWY?
On a similar note I nominate my company's ops guy in MCO last night. Decides to call us asking for our out/off times while we are on the takeoff roll. Ignored, but thanks for the distraction, bro! Dude, company policy is for US to call YOU with the times once we're airborne and on the climbout. Kinda hard to relay an off time when you're not off the ground yet...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 777

Originally Posted by cactusmike View Post

Were you listening last night? God, it was painful to hear.
Lol yeah I was
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Weekends off? HA!

Joined APC: May 2006

Disabled Calif. boy not allowed to board airplane - WTOP.com
"The airplane's pilot observed the boy, Miller said, and made the call based on his behavior."
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by alarkyokie View Post
Disabled Calif. boy not allowed to board airplane - WTOP.com
"The airplane's pilot observed the boy, Miller said, and made the call based on his behavior."
the tools here are the parents. Not the pilots, who made a good judgement call...I hope that's what you mean to say
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by teddyballgame View Post
...or the hotel management who put those new style clocks in the rooms.

You know, the ones that don't allow you to re-set the actual time (which is always wrong), and require a PhD in Astrophysics from MIT to figure out how to set the alarm.

(Thank God for my iPhone...)

Whew, I thought I was the only idiot who can't figure those things out! Thank God for my $5 target travel alarm clock.....