Tool of the day

Subscribe
394  444  484  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  504  544  594  994 
Page 494 of 1239
Go to
Anyone know if the professorship at the University where Captain Custer is unionized?
Quote: As restitution for my hastily comments I plan on taking a brief sabbatical from this thread as I travel out to UVU in a mission to steal Captain Jim Green's Epaulets and/or Wings.
While you're at it, get his ALPA lanyard too!

Maybe we can find one that says SCAB on it for him to wear to class.
On a semi-related note, when I attended ASU, there was an aviation professor who was an ex-airline guy and former Air Force F-4 pilot that would wear his full airline uniform to class, jacket, hat and everything, and insist on being addressed as 'Captain.' On the staff page on the website he was also listed as 'Captain' so-and-so. (Professor Captain so-and-so??) He was heavy guy, with a big gross moustache, big gaudy aviator sunglasses and a sloppy haircut. Definitely looked the part of a professional.

Never had any of his classes, but the students seemed to like him. Though I always believed that it was because they were young, naïve, and impressionable, as they soaked up whatever tales of aerial glory he laid upon them. One thing I knew even then is that I would have refused to address him as 'Captain'. Tool in my book.
I generally warn the staff whenever I get a note or letter from a potential client who uses "captain" as part of the signature line. While not always 100%, it DOES often indicate a potential issue.

I usually go by my first name or "Albie", but when I get a guy who wants to be addressed as "Captain", I suggest he call me "Colonel". That usually drives the point home.
We had a SVP of ops at DHL that insisted on be addressed as "General". Company news letters and memos reflected his need for attention as they were always signed with his rank.
Quote: We had a SVP of ops at DHL that insisted on be addressed as "General". Company news letters and memos reflected his need for attention as they were always signed with his rank.
I worked for a General who had the same issue.
That was his call sign, correct?
Quote: I worked for a General who had the same issue.
Was he 5 feet tall with chronic helatosis?
I have a retired Sgt Major here who insists on every former military person, regardless of rank at separation/retirement address him as such. He's the Maintenance Dept supervisor.

I did a similar thing to what Albie does. I'll call you Sgt Major when you start calling me Lieutenant Commander/Sir. "BUT I'M A SGT MAJOR". "Then you should have no problems following the order of a Commissioned Officer" and I walked out of the office.

Put a stop to that crap real quick.
The preffered manner of address is "Dude" or "Master's Real First Name".
Some people found out (from my wife) what my callsign was, so I get called that a lot. "Master Bates please come to the control room" on the PA system.
394  444  484  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  504  544  594  994 
Page 494 of 1239
Go to