Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by mike734 View Post
Pretty dumb sparky. Read up on antispam laws and you just might sleep for a while. But don't worry I'm sure APC won't give you up.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default All 777 "Experts"

Just laughed my a%$ off at the self proclaimed 777 pilot/sim tech that CNN has had on all week.

First off you're on national television. Shave the scent saver and put on something nicer than blue jeans and a tee shirt.

Second. When you go to demonstrate the stopping capabilities of the 777 on a 4000' strip on nation television.... make sure you use reverse thrust. Even the anchor and the retired 777 (real) pilot had a hard time from busting up when they started to see dirt, grass and trees go by!

Smooth move buddy.......
Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Just another RJ guy

Originally Posted by Rather B Fishin View Post
Just laughed my a%$ off at the self proclaimed 777 pilot/sim tech that CNN has had on all week.

First off you're on national television. Shave the scent saver and put on something nicer than blue jeans and a tee shirt.

Second. When you go to demonstrate the stopping capabilities of the 777 on a 4000' strip on nation television.... make sure you use reverse thrust. Even the anchor and the retired 777 (real) pilot had a hard time from busting up when they started to see dirt, grass and trees go by!

Smooth move buddy.......
Did you see when he did the "emergency decent" a few days ago? He nosed over but didn't touch the thrust or the speed brakes....cruise thrust and no spoilers all the way down. Where did they find that guy? It's really frustrating.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

TOTD: The Cptn I recently flew with who would always help the FAs on turns to clean the cabin. It was rather embarrassing and infuriating to watch as pax deplaned and Cptn Douchebag was saying "goodbye" to them all while wearing white latex gloves from the galley and stuffing trash from the rows of seats into a little white trash bag.

Way to protect the respect for our profession (what little there is left of it in this country). Emirates, Lufthansa, ANA, or any other pilots from countries where our profession is still respected, do you guys make it habit of cleaning aircraft cabins especially in front of the general public? Nevermind.....I already know the answer.

Having watched this tool in action for three days, I KNOW he'd scab. No doubt in my mind. Of course, he fit the typical SW pilot flying background. Gee, what a surprise.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
TOTD: The Cptn I recently flew with who would always help the FAs on turns to clean the cabin. It was rather embarrassing and infuriating to watch as pax deplaned and Cptn Douchebag was saying "goodbye" to them all while wearing white latex gloves from the galley and stuffing trash from the rows of seats into a little white trash bag. .
Isn't this still SOP at B6?

Was one of the F/As his current or prospective girlfriend?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post

Whack is an involuntary southwest convert.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Any and all crewmembers and b6 employees riding don the blue gloves to clean the cabin and cross seatbelts. I js on them and always help with the belts.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 88 Gunner

Originally Posted by Rather B Fishin View Post

Smooth move buddy.......

Does anyone have a link to this video? I missed it
Old 03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Don't know. This happened at SWA. As for your second question, no. He did it on every turn for three days.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: More Drag

Originally Posted by ysslah View Post
Does anyone have a link to this video? I missed it
If this guy is a 777 instructor, I am truly embarrassed. Where did CNN find this guy? Mopping the sim bays after midnight?

Follow this link for the video, then a few steps to find it:

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html

Once you click the link, it will load the CNN "breaking news and videos" page. Scroll down, click on "international". The video is on the second row, but may move down as new videos are added. Its entitled, "landing aircraft on short runways".

Have a good laugh.