Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 08-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by Mephesto View Post
She was 19, and he was not her adoptive father.
Not even close it started when she was around 7 ! He deserves a special place in H### as do all who molest children!
Woody Allen's daughter Dylan Farrow details how he sexually abused her in open letter - NY Daily News
Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by HIFLYR View Post
Not even close it started when she was around 7 ! He deserves a special place in H### as do all who molest children!
Woody Allen's daughter Dylan Farrow details how he sexually abused her in open letter - NY Daily News
I was referring to Soon Yi being 19. But if the allegations about Dylan are true, I agree with you.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

This is definite totd material-
L.A. residents call 911 to complain about Facebook outage | Fox News
Old 08-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Wow...this normally entertaining thread took a dark turn while I was gone! Suffice it to say, I agree with some and disagree with others but that's irrelevant. In an effort to get back on track...

I nominate the 20-something in front of me at Trader Joe's who complained for several minutes to the checker AFTER he had finished ringing her up (and while I and others were waiting) that "the city should do SOMETHING" about the fact that there was NOT a Trader Joe's in HER neighborhood! Read that in a high-pitched, whiny, entitled up-talkey voice for full effect. The eyeroll from the checker when she walked away was priceless!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Representing the REAL Delta

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
Wow...this normally entertaining thread took a dark turn while I was gone! Suffice it to say, I agree with some and disagree with others but that's irrelevant. In an effort to get back on track...

I nominate the 20-something in front of me at Trader Joe's who complained for several minutes to the checker AFTER he had finished ringing her up (and while I and others were waiting) that "the city should do SOMETHING" about the fact that there was NOT a Trader Joe's in HER neighborhood! Read that in a high-pitched, whiny, entitled up-talkey voice for full effect. The eyeroll from the checker when she walked away was priceless!
Based on all the evidence you have provided and an empirical study of the sociology and anthropology of the region, you must be referring to Minneapolis....
Old 08-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A
Old 08-06-2014, 12:08 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Lurkin since 2014
Default I can't believe the level of tool.

I nominate this guy. "The world was hard on me. Give me money for grammar school." We all have/ had debt and our own life stories. No one cried for free money about it. HELP - Aviation Student Debt by Anthony Ward - GoFundMe
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Default Tool of the day

Only thing that makes him a nominee is that he put this together after attending a university and still can't use grammar or the correct words.

Not a bad idea in my opinion, just someone asking for help. I've thought of it (just day dreaming though)...hell, if a guy can rack up tens of thousands to make potato salad, maybe I could chip away at my debt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by eman; 08-06-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: content
Old 08-06-2014, 12:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Lurkin since 2014

Originally Posted by eman View Post
Not a bad idea in my opinion, just someone asking for help. I've thought of it (just day dreaming though)
Of course people have thought of it. No one acts on it. He's trying to cull favor with his "accomplishments" even though his dad died. We all have friends with double the debt and far worse life stories who've made it through hard work without crying to crowd-sourcing. I couldn't be more offended. Everyone has their own financial hardships. Everyone deals with it.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyWardATA/timeline

Tool Of The Year right here. Looks like he would give ole Timmayy a run for his money.