Tool of the day

Subscribe
90  490  540  580  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  600  640  690  1090 
Page 590 of 1239
Go to
Quote: "a phone call is cheaper than a divorce........"

Sigh........now you TRULY are showing your newness/naivete. It's an OLD joke.

Just like when you're flying with a guy that lives around the airport, the flight path is over his house off. He points to his house and then says "I live in that house right th......WAIT, WHO'S TRUCK IS THAT IN MY DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!"

HE'S JOKING.
I'm aware it's an old joke, it runs in the mil as well, I've used it hundreds of times. Which is why I added the anecdote.
Ring the doorbell....and toss a brick over the roof to get him running out the back door
This scene depicts it well enough......

rat race helicopter scene YouTube - YouTube
Quote: Interesting reply. You're completely wrong, but interesting. Easy, no-tool/ good leadership decision would be to cut loose on the third day, yellow slip for one more day and let your FO get a good deal. As for easing me into the "civilian world", after retiring from the NAV and spending 8 years with the company, I think a) leadership matters and if it doesn't to you than maybe you're part of the problem. Whether you dump lavs, dig ditches, or command a crew it matters. And b) according to my FOM, yes there are "troops" to take care of. But thanks for your $.02
Great post Spoonman. I wish I had put it that way.
Quote: I'm aware it's an old joke, it runs in the mil as well, I've used it hundreds of times. Which is why I added the anecdote.
And yet you took it all serious and couldn't just go with it, sigh.........

I'll bet you starch your flight suit.
Quote:
I'll bet you starch your flight suit.
Yep. And his tidy whities (at least the ones that aren't glued to cardboard in his dresser drawer).

Mike. Accelerate your post-military assimilation (or just stop posting until you do). Please. You are becoming a worst-case scenario and giving your mil bubbas a bad name.
I was flying was a centerline nazi the day. I'm getting lined up for a visual in a pretty stiff crosswind. "You're off centerline" (still 3 miles out). Next landing same thing. If I was it was less than a quarter dot. 3rd landing at night. Nose wheel touches down on the turtles, because that's what I can see..."Umm you need to get centerline." Gee thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I was flying was a centerline nazi the day. I'm getting lined up for a visual in a pretty stiff crosswind. "You're off centerline" (still 3 miles out). Next landing same thing. If I was it was less than a quarter dot. 3rd landing at night. Nose wheel touches down on the turtles, because that's what I can see..."Umm you need to get centerline." Gee thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like there might be a little mud in his past.....
Probably been done before but it still drives me nuts. Mid-field right down wind vector...

Me, "You got the airport?".

Him, "Yup."

Me, click, "If it helps, we got the field."

Approach, "Cleared to land."

5000'. 250 knots for the next 14 miles! Just like the chart...with me squirming like a toad. ZERO attempt to configure, slow, trim 15 or so miles off the pattern, by turning say...a 5 mille final? If I wanted it done differently I guess I should have said so. Does that make me the tool?
Quote: Probably been done before but it still drives me nuts. Mid-field right down wind vector...

Me, "You got the airport?".

Him, "Yup."

Me, click, "If it helps, we got the field."

Approach, "Cleared to land."

5000'. 250 knots for the next 14 miles! Just like the chart...with me squirming like a toad. ZERO attempt to configure, slow, trim 15 or so miles off the pattern, by turning say...a 5 mille final? If I wanted it done differently I guess I should have said so. Does that make me the tool?
I don't think so. Sounds like poor airmanship on his part.

It seems like there are quite a few people that want to fly as fast as possible until the last possible moment and then leave the other guy wondering if its all gonna work out.

With all of the emphasis on stabilized approaches, it seems like we'd slow down just a bit instead of pushing it right to the limit. Whats the time difference, 15-20 seconds?
90  490  540  580  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  600  640  690  1090 
Page 590 of 1239
Go to