Tool of the day

Subscribe
92  492  542  582  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  602  642  692  1092 
Page 592 of 1239
Go to
Quote: I hear ya. I just put on my shades and then they can't tell what I'm up to. To each his own, do they make blinders like what horses wear for pilots? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually weird to keep the lights off, keeps guys from getting tired. Do you close and lock the bathroom door when you poop in your hotel room
Quote: It's actually weird to keep the lights off, keeps guys from getting tired. Do you close and lock the bathroom door when you poop in your hotel room

Hahaha! I do, i think it's just The force of habit. Also don't want that aroma filling up the place.

Which reminds me of another one...ppl who drop a deuce in the forward lav where the smell wafts into the cockpit and I'm catching it full force. Knowing what it is and where it comes from makes it worse.

Well I'm thinking now I'm the tool for liking dim lights...when everyone else prefers bright. It sure hurts the eyes though. Good thing I never complain to the other pilot and let them do their thing.

Quote: I was flying was a centerline nazi the day. I'm getting lined up for a visual in a pretty stiff crosswind. "You're off centerline" (still 3 miles out). Next landing same thing. If I was it was less than a quarter dot. 3rd landing at night. Nose wheel touches down on the turtles, because that's what I can see..."Umm you need to get centerline." Gee thanks.

DEN based guy?
Quote: PNF's (Capt's in my case) who armchair quarterback and insist on the flying being done their way. Want to fly the plane? Just ask... I love handing it over to them when they're being a pain. It sure gets to them when I ask "do you want to fly it?" And hand it over without arguing or awaiting a response. Hell I'd rather do paperwork/radios and take it easy anyways.

Want to raise the gear, etc.. when only you see positive rate without my call outs? Ok...lets see how you feel when I do the same. God forbid we do something without your almighty call out and make you have a hissy fit.

Also those that leave all their cockpit lighting bright while flying at night...gee thanks for the headaches and blinding light. No wonder you're f'in blind! Gives me more reason to stare out the window and ignore you

I feel better now! Add one to my no-fly list lol

Well that's why he's the Captain, and you're what??? Oh yeah the F/O. But hey if and when you make the left seat, that is if there are still pilots in the cockpit, I'm sure there'll be an F/O to find issues to nit pick about you and post comments on APC.
Quote: Hahaha! I do, i think it's just The force of habit. Also don't want that aroma filling up the place.
I have to wonder just how potent your doo is, if you have to LOCK the bathroom door to contain the odour to the confines of the water closet! {grin}

I'm with the other posters - I suspect you haven't done enough oceanic crossings in the middle of the night to really appreciate the benefit of lighting in overcoming your body's circadian rhythms.
Quote: I'm with the other posters - I suspect you haven't done enough oceanic crossings in the middle of the night to really appreciate the benefit of lighting in overcoming your body's circadian rhythms.
That's the beauty of CPDLC. Set the od alarm clock to 10 minutes before the next FIR or switch over point, dim the lights and enjoy the dull humm of the motors.
Quote: PNF's (Capt's in my case) who armchair quarterback and insist on the flying being done their way. Want to fly the plane? Just ask... I love handing it over to them when they're being a pain. It sure gets to them when I ask "do you want to fly it?" And hand it over without arguing or awaiting a response. Hell I'd rather do paperwork/radios and take it easy anyways.

Want to raise the gear, etc.. when only you see positive rate without my call outs? Ok...lets see how you feel when I do the same. God forbid we do something without your almighty call out and make you have a hissy fit.

Also those that leave all their cockpit lighting bright while flying at night...gee thanks for the headaches and blinding light. No wonder you're f'in blind! Gives me more reason to stare out the window and ignore you

I feel better now! Add one to my no-fly list lol

Can I nominate the PFs (FOs in my case, often with less than a year of experience burning jet A) who get butt hurt when I offer a helpful tip based on my thousands of hours in the jet?

Example:
(FO spends 20 seconds heads down and about 10 extra button clicks in the FMS fumbling to draw an intercept to a fix on an ILS)

Me: You know, you can just put the IAF behind the aircraft and it will auto-sequence and draw the line for you.

FO: *blink* Yeah but...I like doing it that way.

Me: *shrug*

Or when I point out a deviation from a clearance.
(ATC assigns 210 knots while level on downwind into a major airport with aircraft ahead and behind us and we have been doing 230+ for almost a minute)

Me: Hey man, don't forget he wants us at 210.

FO: I know. I just don't like jockeying the throttles all over the place.

Me: Well I don't know that you've come anywhere close to 210 since we got the clearance so you are going to need to touch the thrust at some point.

FO: *Huffs and makes big show of yanking the thrust to idle*

Or maybe this is just how it feels to become an old fart?
Tool of the day
Haha! Touché!

And that's why I don't argue I just let them fly it..why act like a baby and get into arguments in the air?

I once had an fo like that and it all makes for good practice in just letting things go, stress free baby!

Love this thread

Quote: Haha! Touché!

And that's why I don't argue I just let them fly it..why act like a baby and get into arguments in the air?

I once had an fo like that and it all makes for good practice in just letting things go, stress free baby!

Love this thread

I hear you on the getting stonewalled when offering a shortcut to the noob. More than one way to skin a cat, some easier than others. But I don't know that I'd call deviating from a clearance with the potential to cause a separation issue or worse, a wake turbulence upset, "stress free"

But hey, why insist the aircraft at least be flown within ATP tolerances when you can just "let it go"?
Quote: But hey, why insist the aircraft at least be flown within ATP tolerances when you can just "let it go"?
Don't feel alone. Its all part and parcel to the "entitlement" generation. They only take pride in being Level 259 in some video game. They could care less about the professional pride that comes with flying a jet within prescribed parameters.

Its enough to make any old fart grumpy.
92  492  542  582  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  602  642  692  1092 
Page 592 of 1239
Go to