Tool of the day

Subscribe
98  498  548  588  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  602  608  648  698  1098 
Page 598 of 1239
Go to
Quote: To the passenger today who thanked me for not crashing into the side of a mountain. You ma'am, are a TOTD nominee. And, not crashing is setting the bar pretty low, don't you think?
Nominee? More like hall of fame winner! Stupid b!tch.
This:

"I think the eventual answer will be the unmanned cockpit. I’m not happy about it for a variety of reasons, but as drone- and spaceship-technology develops, we may conclude that total separation between plane and pilot is the safest way to ensure that travellers arrive at their destination in one piece. The magnificent men and women of the not-too-distant future will sit in concrete towers before elaborate screens, guiding their flying machines as if they were playing a computer game. There being no point in hijacking a plane they can’t fly, terrorists will have to think of something else.

Not to worry. They probably will."

George Jonas: How terrorism made tragic Germanwings crash possible | National Post
Quote: To the passenger today who thanked me for not crashing into the side of a mountain. You ma'am, are a TOTD nominee. And, not crashing is setting the bar pretty low, don't you think?
Look really sad and say with a German accent "My brother was a GOOD CAPTAIN. You are horrible ugly woman to make awful joke." Then remain silent and stare into space until she leaves.
Quote: Today's winners...

Peter Garrison

For writing this piece of fetid, rotting garbage...

The truth about pilots (Opinion) - CNN.com

And CNN, for publishing it.

The media's race to the bottom just broke mach.
Maybe I'm next in line for TOTD, but I read and re-read that article and my opinion is the complete polar opposite of yours. I think Peter Garrison is just saying that despite the common perceptions, we pilots are no less fallible than anyone else. Also that it's not some heroic sense of duty or responsibility (during 99.999% of the mundane day-to-day flying) that drives us pilots to keep the passengers and aircraft safe.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though.
Quote: Maybe I'm next in line for TOTD, but I read and re-read that article and my opinion is the complete polar opposite of yours.

it's not some sense of duty or responsibility that drives us pilots to keep the passengers and aircraft safe.
There's a thread on this article here...

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ne...eply&p=1853297

Please notice I've parsed your comments in the quote above. My last post in that thread addresses your last sentence. Shalom.
I try to stay off this thread, philosophically I try to have a more positive outlook but lately I must yield to self-evident truths, between Peter Garrison and today's winner...

Help A Young Girl's Dad Be A Pilot by Philip Webb - GoFundMe

Aggravating factor, he posted this multiple times on APC under the name "Philip Webb"...have no idea if that's his real name.

Additional aggravating factor, says he originally wanted be a military pilot but "family and friends talked him out of it". Bet it sucked that his dream of being a military aviator was screwed up by those annoying wars...who wants to join up during a war?
Quote: I try to stay off this thread, philosophically I try to have a more positive outlook but lately I must yield to self-evident truths, between Peter Garrison and today's winner...

Aggravating factor, he posted this multiple times on APC under the name "Philip Webb"...have no idea if that's his real name.

Additional aggravating factor, says he originally wanted be a military pilot but "family and friends talked him out of it". Bet it sucked that his dream of being a military aviator was screwed up by those annoying wars...who wants to join up during a war?
Is possible to donate old shoe? Or perhaps small glass tube of gypsy tears for help make magic pilot career?
Quote: I try to stay off this thread, philosophically I try to have a more positive outlook but lately I must yield to self-evident truths, between Peter Garrison and today's winner...

And the dude is going for the whole $80k! He is not willing to invest even a little in his own career advancement. I wouldn't give this guy a penny. Now, if he needed $5 or $10K to finish up? Maybe I would throw him a buck or two.

Using Go Fund Me to raise money for a pilot certificate makes this guy delusional. Trying to pull heart strings by saying his daughter inspired him makes him a tool. Man up like the majority of us and make your dream happen, do not sit around and wait for others to make it happen for you.
Quote: And the dude is going for the whole $80k! He is not willing to invest even a little in his own career advancement. I wouldn't give this guy a penny. Now, if he needed $5 or $10K to finish up? Maybe I would throw him a buck or two.

Using Go Fund Me to raise money for a pilot certificate makes this guy delusional. Trying to pull heart strings by saying his daughter inspired him makes him a tool. Man up like the majority of us and make your dream happen, do not sit around and wait for others to make it happen for you.
And just imagine how much time with his daughter he's going to miss once he gets his Dream Job and he's commuting to NYC 20+ days a month!

Does he really think $80K and a starting CFI job is going to land him the right seat of an airliner in 180 days.

I don't think he's really thought this all the way through...
Dad: "What do you want to be when you grow up, sweetheart?"
Kid: "I want to be Anna, from Frozen!!"
Dad: "Ahhh, I'm sorry sweetheart, but Frozen isn't real. Anna is just a drawing. So is her boyfriend, Kristoff."
Kid: "Well, you want to be 'TopGun', and Tom Cruise is a Scientologist, and Kelly McGillis is gay!"
98  498  548  588  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  602  608  648  698  1098 
Page 598 of 1239
Go to