Tool of the day

Subscribe
104  504  554  594  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  614  654  704  1104 
Page 604 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Years ago we used to alternate doing the walk around. I can't say we caught any more discrepancies that way, but it was just the tradition.
Most captains still usually split walk arounds. Unless its raining or snowing.
On the last leg before a layover, both of us (and a F/A) might go down to the ramp, to insure that the outcome of "nosewheel roulette" was honestly reported.
Quote: Most captains still usually split walk arounds. Unless its raining or snowing.
HEY! I did a walk around last January in MSP, it was 9 below and blowing!

But I haven't done one since!

I'm still shivering!
Quote: That's the problem, isn't it? I'd bet most F/Os merely look in the correct directions during walkarounds without even seeing what they're supposed to be looking for.

SWA might have the correct system. The F/O does the walk the first flight of the day, the ground crews do the rest. I'd guess their ground crews catch more problems than the average F/O who is just going through the motions.
PIC is given the keys to the jet, signs the release, and aircraft logbook, thus is responsible to ensure the wings and motors are still on the jet and airworthy for flight.

Some ground crew ending their shift are happy to avoid thorough post/pre flight inspections at out stations.
Quote: PIC is given the keys to the jet, signs the release, and aircraft logbook, thus is responsible to ensure the wings and motors are still on the jet and airworthy for flight.
Taken directly from the Microsoft Flight Simulator packaging, I presume?

Where would we be without this sage advice...
Quote: Taken directly from the Microsoft Flight Simulator packaging, I presume?

Where would we be without this sage advice...
Typical packaged response without originality... Oh well.
Quote: Typical packaged response without originality... Oh well.
Yours or mine?

Sometimes I need to remind folks, but I'm actually quite hilarious.

Here's another original quote for you:

Lighten up Francis!
Quote: Yours or mine?

Sometimes I need to remind folks, but I'm actually quite hilarious.
Like being a legend in your own mind?

Quote:
Here's another original quote for you:

Lighten up Francis!
My name is not Francis.
Quote:
Some ground crew ending their shift are happy to avoid thorough post/pre flight inspections at out stations.
Presumably to get to their bread sticks and cognac!
Quote: Presumably to get to their bread sticks and cognac!
Anything less would be uncivilized
104  504  554  594  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  614  654  704  1104 
Page 604 of 1239
Go to