Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Bye Bye Maddog!

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Movin' On UP........

Sounded like the co-pilot!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
Ah yes. The always classic; Capt. Blown Gasket.
Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
A.K.A. "Captain Happy".

I wonder how his MMPI scored?
Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
Oh…I am thinking he did real well except when he came to the Pd, Pa, and definitely the Ma sections.
I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

I'll remember that Pherret & Carr have NEVER made a mistake. Check!

Elliot
Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?
A true octuplet breasted commander wouldn't have shown up as fit for duty under such conditions.

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management.
It was the co-commander? How did the ACTUAL commander let his budding apprentice/co-commander get away with doing that and exercise such poor radio professionalism? Maybe he needs some mentoring.

Elliot
Please do. Especially when I do it and it's all on tape.

But along those lines, let's do that for EVERYONE that's nominated a TOTD in THIS THREAD, "check"
Old 05-27-2015, 12:32 PM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
Too good NOT to be reposted. Especially in a TOTD thread;

What would the shrink think?
Personally, I don't like the attitude of the controllers in ATL either. Of course, you won't catch me on tape losing my **** either.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 737, Right

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Ask any ex-military pilot to think of the worst pilots they flew with and then ask where they work now...
Lol. That makes me sad. He i$ killing it too. $$$
Old 05-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

Elliot
It was the captain, and he got to give his favorite pair of kneepads quite the workout. He's known to be a "220V guy in a 120V world."
Old 05-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
It was the captain, and he got to give his favorite pair of kneepads quite the workout. He's known to be a "220V guy in a 120V world."
I am guessing mind you, but I am sure he is commonly known by some other terms also. One not being Mr. Self Control. Love to be in front of that guy in a long line of people or cars. He will need more than one extensive knee-pad therapy session. Check!
Old 05-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Yes, he is a captain and yes, crap rolled down hill on him. When the CEO calls the DO and tells him he wants "that guy" in his office, standing tall before the man, you know it's not gonna be a good day. Let's just say "someone" is on double secret probation.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids?
Ohhhhhh poor little puppy pilot. Here's a tissue. No excuse for unprofessional behavior. The little brat needs a time out in the corner... And no breadsticks for a week. Too immature for cognac.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Ohhhhhh poor little puppy pilot. Here's a tissue. No excuse for unprofessional behavior. The little brat needs a time out in the corner... And no breadsticks for a week. Too immature for cognac.
I'll add you to the "thinking you're perfect" list! How ironic that a majority of the "tool material on the TOTD thread" comes from people pointing out other's mistakes? You must be Navy, amirite?