Tool of the day

Subscribe
144  544  594  634  640  641  642  643  644  645  646  647  648  654  694  744  1144 
Page 644 of 1239
Go to
Quote: You haven't taken the time to enlighten this forum how in your opinion that the RT exchange was "mistake"
I skipped your deflection, as I don't remember saying it "wasn't" a mistake? Please "enlighten" me on where I stated such?

As I also had to explain to John, the initial reason of my post was to allude to the fact that there might've been things going on "behind the scenes" that none of us, not even 'perfect' you, John & Pharrot knew about.

Overall, I think it was wrong, a mistake, unprofessional and the Capt. obviously had to answer for it. Just not quite sure why we're still dwelling on it almost a year later?
Are you CA Happy?

I didn't need ANYTHING "explained" to me. I simply posted it because 1) It's funny and 2) ground controllers were the flavor du jour at the time.

It was simply that it's a "two way street" between pilots and controllers for TOTD purposes.

Do you need that explained to you?
Quote: I skipped your deflection, as I don't remember saying it "wasn't" a mistake? Please "enlighten" me on where I stated such?

As I also had to explain to John, the initial reason of my post was to allude to the fact that there might've been things going on "behind the scenes" that none of us, not even 'perfect' you, John & Pharrot knew about.

Overall, I think it was wrong, a mistake, unprofessional and the Capt. obviously had to answer for it. Just not quite sure why we're still dwelling on it almost a year later?
Oh Elliot. Stop the drama. Just consider it a blast from the past and move on. Lordy!
Quote: Are you CA Happy?
No, but thanks for asking.

Quote: Do you need that explained to you?
Nope, at least not from you!
Quote: Oh Elliot. Stop the drama. Just consider it a blast from the past and move on. Lordy!
You could probably take the same advice, Pherret? For someone who posts something from a year ago!
Sigh........
..deleted..
Quote: I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

I'll remember that Pherret & Carr have NEVER made a mistake. Check!

Elliot

No, suck it up and realize you 'Richarded' it up in the internet age, go home and don't let it happen again.

If I was a Chief, I'd play the tape, ask about and explain that I understand any external problems and offer total support, get reassurance that **** just happens once every 20 years, play a round of office golf with the cheap putter and trap, buy the guy lunch and go home to chase the Mrs. at 5pm.

I haven't seen the Chief Pilot interview invite .
Quote: I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

I'll remember that Pherret & Carr have NEVER made a mistake. Check!

Elliot

Sorry about slicing your subclavian artery, and that massive hemorrhage. I had some personal stresses at home with my kids and a stressful commute, and I missed my coffee and the "Early Show" was not to my liking.

And YOU'VE made a mistake once in your life so you thus can't talk about my inadequate professionalism. Now let me go and chew out your wife for missing a dose of her medication.

Yeah, it doesn't work in my field either. I am always surprised when the peanut gallery comes to defend the low performance of others. Telling.
Quote: I'll add you to the "thinking you're perfect" list! How ironic that a majority of the "tool material on the TOTD thread" comes from people pointing out other's mistakes? You must be Navy, amirite?
Isn't making fun of other people's mistakes the EXACT POINT OF THIS THREAD?

And I heard they were using that tape as a positive example on how to get your way with ATC at that certain unnamed air line ... Also heard they were going to modify their mottos to take advantage of this:
- Keep climbing ... and yelling at ATC
- The world's most trusted airline (to yell at ATC)
- We love to (yell at ATC) and it shows
- Airlines are the same--only our captains yell at ATC
- You'll love the way we yell at ATC .

.. Well, you get the idea.
144  544  594  634  640  641  642  643  644  645  646  647  648  654  694  744  1144 
Page 644 of 1239
Go to