Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by teddyballgame View Post
Ah yes, they're out there, aren't they?

Decades ago in the commuter days, I was standing on the ramp by the air stair boarding the pax onto our 1900C.

One wiseacre asks me, "In what foreign country was this little airplane built?"

I replied, "The People's Republic of Wichita".
Yes they are out there.

PAX just seem to feel they have to say some of the dumbest things to the flight crews in passing. I make it a habit when I am a PAX to thank the FA’s as I pass by any of them at the end of the flight and if a flight deck crew member is present while I am deplaning, I say thank you with a smile on my face. Just my way of letting them know I appreciate all of their efforts. A simple courteous Thank You can go a long ways in letting folks know you appreciate them and their efforts.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
Yes they are out there.

PAX just seem to feel they have to say some of the dumbest things to the flight crews in passing. I make it a habit when I am a PAX to thank the FA’s as I pass by any of them at the end of the flight and if a flight deck crew member is present while I am deplaning, I say thank you with a smile on my face. Just my way of letting them know I appreciate all of their efforts. A simple courteous Thank You can go a long ways in letting folks know you appreciate them and their efforts.
Had one drunk deplaning try and flick my nose. Yup, tried to play the "Got ya!" game. Stuck his finger in my chest and then when he expected me to look down, tried to flick my nose, but i was backing up into a fighting stance so all he got was air. The FA had a look of

And I think I almost gave myself an aneurysm overcoming the urge to stomp the living feces out of the DB. I guess I had my warface on, cause his buddies grabbed him and took off up the jetway.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Today's tool is the passenger that sees a flight attendant taking pictures, confronts her, takes down her name, finds her facebook profile, then relays that to the local news station.

Spirit Airlines attendant under fire for pics inside engine - NY Daily News
Old 05-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Saw a first officer walking to the train for work today. He was wearing a baseball cap...
Old 05-29-2015, 04:53 PM
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by E6-B View Post
Saw a first officer walking to the train for work today. He was wearing a baseball cap...
Was he in paying customer contact?

Still tacky.

I commute to work with no tie and no hat and I wear a light jacket. However, I'm a tool so it's cool.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post

Still tacky.

I commute to work with no tie and no hat and I wear a light jacket. However, I'm a tool so it's cool.
Well I'm sure people on the train were going to the airport. But he was in full uniform just wearing a baseball cap.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post

Still tacky.

I walk through the terminal with a separate sport coat on until I arrive in Ops.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by E6-B View Post
And??? Is that all??? Come on... I can't take the suspense... Then what happened?
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Under the Frog

Of COURSE his name is Dick Stone.

Newest nominee for TOTD (Lifetime Achevement Award)

Picture of Controversy: Flight attendants rally for colleague in engine photo | abc7chicago.com
Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Of COURSE his name is Dick Stone.

Newest nominee for TOTD (Lifetime Achevement Award)

Picture of Controversy: Flight attendants rally for colleague in engine photo | abc7chicago.com
Saw that guy yapping on the news. He looked like a DICK stone, he also looked almost dead. Maybe he should retire from his retirement.