Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by shfo View Post
Thanks for Alaska info. I have been denied by the CSA when jacs was down with open seats in back.
At Alaska? Or Horizon? If so, that should be just a rogue CSA.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

TOTD...the fellow non-rev probably fa (but could've been a female pilot) who smacked me in the head with her backpack which was loaded down with neck pillow, shawl and other crap attached to it while taking her seat near me. I thought she was a regular pax until I saw her lanyard. Was shocked she had the poor taste to wear a tank-top, jeans AND flip-flops when asking for a ride on jetBlue. Won't say what airline she worked for, but I'm surprised she wasn't denied. Guess jetBlue isn't very picky about dress code, but not the correct way to show up anyway.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post
TOTD...the fellow non-rev probably fa (but could've been a female pilot) who smacked me in the head with her backpack which was loaded down with neck pillow, shawl and other crap attached to it while taking her seat near me. I thought she was a regular pax until I saw her lanyard. Was shocked she had the poor taste to wear a tank-top, jeans AND flip-flops when asking for a ride on jetBlue. Won't say what airline she worked for, but I'm surprised she wasn't denied. Guess jetBlue isn't very picky about dress code, but not the correct way to show up anyway.
Our pass rider guide requires business casual only for jumpseats.
I have seen cabin non revs in shorts.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:27 AM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Our pass rider guide requires business casual only for jumpseats.
I have seen cabin non revs in shorts.
I'm old school and think it's disrespectful and unprofessional, especially when you guys/gals treat us so wonderfully. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

I'm old school and think it's disrespectful and unprofessional, especially when you guys/gals treat us so wonderfully. Thank you!
You are very welcome. I myself non rev in business casual or uniform.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

The individual who tweeted a couples break up while aboard an a/c.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by DYNASTY HVY View Post
The individual who tweeted a couples break up while aboard an a/c.
The Canadian baggage screener who took MY PLASTIC KNIFE AND FORK out of my flight bag and refused to give them back.

Good thing there was a Tim Horton's about 50 feet beyond this numbskull's X-ray machine, with more plastic cutlery than he could've seized in months.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Well at least she wasn't a book worm with a backpack full of books to hit you in the head with!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

That is actually two separate TOTD violations, one for the dress code violation, one for just having the backpack
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)

TOTD...the fellow non-rev probably fa (but could've been a female pilot) who smacked me in the head with her backpack which was loaded down with neck pillow, shawl and other crap attached to it while taking her seat near me.
I heard this old story from a F/A:
A pax disregarded instructions and started rooting around in the overhead bin before the aircraft reached the gate. He dislodged a heavy item which bonked a very large person on the head. This VLP arose, grabbed the offender, and bounced him violently up and down while shouting "Didn't she tell you to stay in your seat?"